DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car is in the shop to get some body work. So we got an intrepid as a rental. its a 2000 se. no options at all, I will have to say Im kinda impressed with the power from the 2.7. But I miss all the nice features that are in my ride. they are all there. The base stereo blows ass, thats about all I got against it I guess, over all its still pretty much the same car, I really like auto temp control. do not like manual.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
kinda sucks when you are spoiled by all the "creature comforts" and then you go down to a base model huh?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, it does kinda suck. but atleast I get an Intrepid.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
that is true. if you bring you car into the dealer here you get some hail damaged neon with 190,000 miles on it. :p

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
****, well its through Enterprise, the dealership organized it though, so it was quite easy. I would like a fully loaded LHS though, but atleast I got a car to drive.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Yeah if you have the Infinity system on your ES... listening to the base stereo is a real downgrade. You are right though that the base does handle very well with decent power.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You guys are making me feel all warm inside. We 2.7 SE owners rarely get compliments. As for the radio I totally agree. Just wish I didn't have to save for a wedding/honeymoon otherwise I would have a pretty nice stereo. I dread turning my radio on every morning and hearing crap on the way to work. :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Actually the stock system in the base trep sounds good, its just weak ass sheit. A dam rice burner fartin by would drown it out.

The best thing about the set is that it's easy to tear out and add a real system.

just sayin is all.

As for my weak ass engine, well enuff said

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
For what it's worth - My 2001 R/T Motorsport is my 4th LH car purchased since 1993. The first 3 had the little six (3.3 / 2.7) - and while you obviously lose some performance these things are bullet proof and cost next to nothing to run. And since they have a timing chain instead of a belt - no 60K timing belt change (which is pricey).

I just wished the 2.7 had a little more low end grunt (torque!!!) and autostick should be standard with the 2.7 - you'd have more control and be able to get more out of the engine.

So no complaints from me on the smaller sixes.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
.....save for a wedding/honeymoon ......[/B]
gaewsky1,
Congrats man!

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: Lafrad ]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lafrad,

Thanks for the congrats. Six more months. Kind of nervous but at the same time excited. Can't wait for the honeymoon too. Haven't been on many vacations, plus the extracurricular activities should be fun (if you know what I mean) :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts