DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after mechanic looked at my car he says it is strut and spindle that is bent.... So went to a friend who works at a junk yard who sold me the whole strut assembly/spindle for 75.00. Mechanic is charging 80.00 for the labor.
question; is it a must that i get alignment after strut install.
do u think the price i paid was fair ?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Any time you do any suspension work a wheel alignment is a must. That sounds like a reasonable price for the work.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweeeet beans. I have few little dents in front driver side fender. i was gonna do the body work myself then let someone do the painting. 'Light bulb flashing'- how about if i buy the fender
(how much, IYO) from junk yard and have the pro's paint it. how much you think the average painter would charge to paint just the fender removed from car? will it be hard for them to exact match my paint?? where can i get a little can/bottle/jar of touch up paint(exact match) so i can fix some small chips in door and bumper????

·
Registered
160 Posts
A good source for touch up paint is www.paintscratch.com

They will match your paint based on your car's paint code, and they offer anything from a little touch up stick (which I bought) to gallon+ size. A little more expensive than auto parts chains, but the match is dead on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts