DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the autoparts store today and wanted to buy a repair manual for my '03 SE. I could only find the manuals up to the 2000 year. Is this the correct manual. I'm assuming they don't make the '02-'03 being that it is similar?

·
Registered
182 Posts
BUY the factory service manual. It cost about 5 times what a Chiltons or Haynes will cost, but it will be 500 times more useful. The Haynes and Chiltons have alot of 'GENERIC' pages while the Service Manual covers EVERYTHING. It will pay for itself many times over if you do any/all of your own work. If you ever get rid of your car you can find many on here or in Intrepid groups you run with, that will buy your book from you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I didn't even know that you were allowed to buy these manuals. Several years ago when I owned a '91 4-runner I tried to buy one at the dealership and they stated they were onlt sold to repair shops and used dealers. Go figure.
Thanks for the info. I'll go get one. Last time I checked these manuals were like 70- 80 bucks- correct?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have a 2002 es and I bought a Haynes 98-01 book. I have not had a problem not finding what I needed and the book is the best $14 I ever spent. I believe that the 2003's should not be too much different.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna get the Haynes for now. I flipped through it this evening and everything engine wise looks pretty close. I'm sure there might be small differences, but I'm pretty good at reading between the lines.

thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts