DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was able to epoxy patch the coolant outlet housing 4 years ago and now it's leaking again so time to replace. This is on a 2001 Concorde 2.7. I found a dormant 902-301HP which is the aluminum one and I'm gonna try that first. Problem is during the epoxy patching there was epoxy which got onto the 2 front screws so those need to be replaced. None of the parts diagrams show the screw hardware. I read the front 2 are shorter than the rear 2. Anyway, does anyone know the sizes of the housing mounting screws? Or have any tips? I have read the search results and watched several videos. The Concorde has the 2 rear screws under the intake. So that needs to be removed or lifted , I guess. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been stalled on the repair because I can't figure out the socket to use on the plenum bolt head . Here is a picture. Hopefully it is clear enough for someone to recognize what socket I need to use. Thanks.
MVIMG_20200721_081859.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. Thank you. I can get a set or maybe parts store can try some different sizes.

·
Premium Member
16,952 Posts
You would need to use an inverted torx bit, don't know what size though.
That's not inverted torx (AKA E bits). It is regular torx. Torx is much more common than inverted torx. 👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just guessing off what i can see :s. The shadow that's being cast looks like the head part is raised up I thought. Its the same bolt that's holding my air-box down.
20200823_201211.jpg

And then this is the bit i use to take it off, unless im referencing it wrong. I just call them inverted since the bolt head sticks out, instead of the star being sunk in.
20200823_200528.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,952 Posts
By jove - I believe you are right. The shadows played tricks on me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Zooming in, it appears to be inverted torx (E-socket).

My apologies.

They changed the heads on those bolts since my '99 2.7. The only inverted torx I knew about on our cars are the two screws attaching the multi-function switch to the steering column - teeny tiny ones - E4 I believe.

Advance Auto parts and Harbor Freight have E-socket sets.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i'd have said the first pictures were a bit and not a socket too.
second head was definate socket.
funny how shadows can do that.
interesting. like that illusion of box shapes, i now see it as a socket head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
By jove - I believe you are right. The shadows played tricks on me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Zooming in, it appears to be inverted torx (E-socket).

My apologies.

They changed the heads on those bolts since my '99 2.7. The only inverted torx I knew about on our cars are the two screws attaching the multi-function switch to the steering column - teeny tiny ones - E4 I believe.

Advance Auto parts and Harbor Freight have E-socket sets.
No worries peva :) I'm just a novice shade tree fixer upper. The first time I've ever seen that bolt was when I went to swap out my broken air box and I thought it was a rubber grommet that you just yank out.....ripped the air-box out with the rubber grommet and then realized oh....that's a bolt....

I'll get around to posting a post of everything that I've fixed or had fixed on mine soonish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts