DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started smelling fuel the other day and checked it out. It looks like the fuel line connector that attaches to the fuel pump is leaking. I searched everywhere and can't find it. I believe the part number is 4581134AC and so far all sites show the line but mentioned it is discontinued. If all else fails I can try to rig something up but with it being on top of the tank I'd prefer an OEM part. Anyone have and connections to obtain parts? I can't find anything, 15 pages deep in Google pages. Most of the links seem to link back to a similar parts page.

I believe the same part was used on the 2.7 and 3.2.

2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5l

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Somehow make sure it is the line leaking and not the actual fuel pump line stub, I only say this because I had that issue and needed to replace the pump.
If it's the line, I believe you can buy a roll of nylon line and shape it with a heat gun and add connections to it. Auto Parts stores usually have a straight line about 2 feet long or less with ends I believe for around $20, heat gun or boiling water to shape it carefully.. or Try to find a line in good condition from salvage yard?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Somehow make sure it is the line leaking and not the actual fuel pump line stub, I only say this because I had that issue and needed to replace the pump.
If it's the line, I believe you can buy a roll of nylon line and shape it with a heat gun and add connections to it. Auto Parts stores usually have a straight line about 2 feet long or less with ends I believe for around $20, heat gun or boiling water to shape it carefully.. or Try to find a line in good condition from salvage yard?
Thanks for the info! I checked all the wreckers and did not find any lines. Firestone checked it out and said the "line was wet" and needed to be replaced. I'll drop the tank and take a look. When replacing all 4 tires they smelled gas. Earlier in the day I also smelled gas but figured I had an evap line break since the check engine shows an evap code.

I noticed Doorman offers a bunch of lines and fittings so I will probably have to make one, doesn't seem too difficult just worried about the longevity of the non-OEM handmade line since it's the supply line. Once I figure it all out I will update here.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts