DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a set of springs that are as stiff as the Eibach's but don't sacrifice ride height? I'd like to replace my springs but I want to keep my ride height the same while getting something stiffer to improve handling.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you have the base care, there's a difference between the base car and the ES's springs. You might be able to use the ES springs?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are ES springs soft when compared to the Eibachs? I'm looing for something that can really help in the handling department. If the ES springs are that stiff I might go for that. :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
ES Springs

Since I've only ever driven my ES, I don't know how it compares to base car. But it is really a tight and punishing ride on the roads we have. The ES also has a tighter strut on the fronts. I keep the tire pressure at 32 to quiet it down a bit. That's what the Concord's call for.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't know the differences between the base car springs and the ES springs, if any. I know when I had base springs, I liked the smooth ride, and it wasn't floaty or anything. If you want to retain the stock ride height (why?) then either get new factory springs, or keep the same ones on and just get new struts. Tokicos, KYBs, etc. Tokicos I would imagine would probably give a really nice ride when paired with the stock springs. And the springs cost as much or more than a set of Eibachs!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just RAM It said:
If you want to retain the stock ride height (why?) then either get new factory springs, or keep the same ones on and just get new struts. Tokicos, KYBs, etc.
I was originally going to get the Eibachs until I saw a guy totally smash his air dam on his 95 Concorde while going up a ramp in the parking structure on campus. I never had that problem before so I asked him if he did anything to his suspension -- he said he had Eibachs on it. So, I wanted to see how much clearance I got with stock springs so I had my brother watch while I went up the ramp. He told me I had less than an inch of clearance. :crazy: I know I could just go up the ramp diagonally but I know that I'll forget at least once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts