DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their struts or arb? All the LH cars I've seen going down the road seem to need new rear shocks (struts). I've had 4 ('95 Intrepid 3.3; '96 Concorde 3.3; '97 Concorde 3.5; '99 Concorde 2.7) and they all had poor rear damping control. Bilstein does not make stuff for LH, and Koni is expensive. I've found nothing on www.shox.com yet. Also, I think replacing the front and rear anti-roll bars with 300M or R/T parts would be very helpful. Anyone tried this? Driveon...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I haven't tried it, but it should work. I'm suprised that there aren't aftermarket Sway bars for the R/T's already. That would be your best bet if they existed. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
im not sure if this poses any interest to any of you interested in suspension mods. but the struts used in the R/T's are the same as the struts used in the ES' and the SE's. the difference between one and the other is the spring rate on the coils.
i dont know what they are worth and so forth. but just a thought for those of you thinking about stiffening things up. make your ES ride like a R/T. check your dealers. only thing youd need is a VIN from the R/T since thats what distinguishes one from the other. could be a cheaper solution than eibach or intrax setups ?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I would like to see some company come out with some new sway bars, the ones on the ES look a little too small for my liking. I would not mind those Intrax springs, they do not lower the car too much, and it would help with handling. But if I wanted to add those springs I would want beefer sway bars.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dream Speed is working on swaybars and springs at this time. He is at dreamspeed1.com. I have no connection to him, I've just been talking to him about the LH cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts