DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im looking to replace my car now, I have been looking at cars like the LHS and 300M. I know I heard people say not to buy the 1999 Models, but do I need to stick to this(What are the real problems).

Any Advice would help

I am not Buying any sort of GM replacement Sorry :(

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
If i were you I would stay clear of the 1999 300ms too. You gotta lock on what you would miss out on in a 1999.

I would suggest you get a 2001 300m. One with EVIC, Wood Steering wheel, chrome shifter, and all that other good stuff standard. Or you could get a 2001 LHS and add a lot of that.

The decision is yours man. But I would stay FAR away from a 99. Those dont even have heat and memory mirrors.

--Gorm

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Depends on what options are important to you it sounds like. Every year newer you buy, add more money to add to the buying price.

I had a 99 Trep and loved it! ;)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gormo66 said:
If i were you I would stay clear of the 1999 300ms too. You gotta lock on what you would miss out on in a 1999.

I would suggest you get a 2001 300m. One with EVIC, Wood Steering wheel, chrome shifter, and all that other good stuff standard. Or you could get a 2001 LHS and add a lot of that.

The decision is yours man. But I would stay FAR away from a 99. Those dont even have heat and memory mirrors.

--Gorm
The three 99 LHS's Ive looked at had Heated/Folding Mirrors, with drivers side Auto Dimming. I can Add EVIC cheaply, I have no need for Wood Stearing wheel or Chrome knob.

Here are where the options differ:
LHS doesnt have:
60/40 Split back seat (only armrest pass through)
No Adjustable Headrests in the Back
AutoStick

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Well That is good. Personally I would want the leather Boot, which is not on a 99, but you can add that pretty easy too. I love my fold down seats in the back. I dont think I would buy a car without them.

I guess your right the LHS did have the break down heated mirrors. I know the 300m's didnt. Time to update my knloadge of LH cars.

--Gorm

·
Registered
150 Posts
hey, if you plan on making upgrades, just pay more and get the special m, if you think about the abount you'll spend and exhaust, rims, interior parts, and so on you're better off just getting a special

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I personally think the 2002+ Models of the LH cars got cheap. No turning headrests, no courtsey lights, no glovebox light....etc. That is why I personally think the best year for the 300m and LHS is 2001.

--Gorm

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I was originally going to buy a Concorde cause now they have the same styling as the LHS but it was about $4000 more. My brother bought a Concorde LXI. Going by your sig pic I would say you probably like the styling of the LHS but possibly think the 300M is sportier.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Go for a 2001 M. Im sure you can land one in your price range. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
gormo66 said:

--Gorm
I have a loaded 99 LHS (mfg date 12/98) that burns the fog off the mirrors right after they reset when I remote unlock from when my wife drove the car. Also has the audio PCI bus to the radio so that i can upgrade to the RB1 once it gets here from somwhere in the great white north...

EVIC + PSI was an easy update, but you cant program any of the menu options w/ a 99 BCM. Autostick was a bit of a hassle, but the TCM was an autostick TCM from the factory. The inside harness didn't have the shifter connect though, so I had to run the interior wiring and switch clusters....wish mine had the wood steering wheel, though. All the ones I find dont match my trim color.

I think if you want to get a 99 LHS b/c of price, get one that has all possible options, and check the p/n on the TCM to assure a seamless upgrade, otherwize you will have to buy a new TCM to have the VIN programmed into it to make the autostick conversion.

My choice, get the 99 LHS b/c the trunk is smaller in the 300m and in all LH series after 99...I can fit at least three bodies in there along with my golf clubs ;-)

Cheers

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
You wouldn't be able to make it out in black. See if you can find two other same angle pics of an LHS and Special.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts