DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the new replayTV unit coming out. Price is crazy $699 for 40 hours, and $1999 for 320 hours!!!!
http://www.replaytv.com/

But they work off broadband and they have auto commerical skip!

I was thinking about getting one of these and selling my 30hr showstopper, but was just reading online.... apparently you can UPGRADE the HD on your existing replaytv unit to an 80gig HD and get 3x the storage.
http://www.avsforum.com/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true

Here is a link to a good forum... scroll down to ReplayTV and search for something like UPGRADE SHOWSTOPPER

Im definitely going to look into this.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
be careful with Tivo, if you bought the lifetime subscription (like most people do) it is for that one Tivo box, not yourself!! In other words if your box dies (lightning, power surges, etc) and you buy another unit you need a new subscription, the membership is NON-TRANSFERABLE. The good news is that if you ever see one at a tag sale there's a good chance the lifetime subscription is still in effect.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehehehe yeah. I got an awesome deal on my 30hr ReplayTV if almost made no sense to buy TiVo ($399 - $100 rebate).

I am going to order a 100gig HD and drop it in my showstopper. Yeah baby 100hrs of bullshit I can record. :)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i just ordered a 100gig HD. $220. I am going to install this baby later this week. Ill let you all know how it works out. I hope I dont fry my unit.

100 hours or recording time would be real sweet. :) Thats a lot of star trek episodes i can archive. :)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah... you can get hard drive upgrades for TiVo as well. Runs about $200 or so for a shitload of extra megs.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my 100gig HD today. I still cant believe they make them that big now. Im going to modify it to go into my ReplayTV unit tonite. Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welp... I just went from 14 hours free to now 84 HOURS free.

Hehehehe I guess my 100gig upgrade worked. :)

I don't think ill need to upgrade this for a while. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts