DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone taken off the resonator box on the 2.7 intake? I was just wondering if it would make it sound any better, or better performance?

·
Registered
336 Posts
It wont change much. One time when I was monkeying around with my intake, me and 2KWK4U took everything off all the way up to that monstrously big boxy part of the intake. We started it up and rev'd it pretty good and it was still pretty silent. It may have sounded better if we drove it, but I wouldn't drive around without an air filter. Hopefully soon, someone will be making GR8WHT's intake again, just get one of those, they are worth the money!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I took my intake resonator off for a while and noticed nothing. I don't even know why it's on there. It is probably just a space filler to make the engine compartment look more filled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
At my first attempt to modify my intrepid, I took the entire intake system and added a custom fitted hyperflow intake system and used rubber fittings to close the oval opening to the intake manifold and the only problem i have is making the fit tighter ,it has a tendency to come lose ...anybody have and i used a breather filter in replace of that dip box so far no trouble anybody know if what i did was bad if not then kudos on me. :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah, I was thinking of making the intake, then I priced those damn rubber fittings.. they are pretty expensive for what they are if ya ask me.. I tihnk I might work at it though, and make a custom one, that I put a cone filter on. I do not know if its true or not, but I heard that cone filters make better noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts