DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not bad at all... I use Megs heavy duty headlight restoration kit which is more expensive, but needs some sanding. Will try this product soon and hope to get the same result.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Do you mean Rubbing Compound or Polishing Compound? Both are commonly available at many stores. Rubbing compound would be very course compared to the polishing compound.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Do you mean Rubbing Compound or Polishing Compound? Both are commonly available at many stores. Rubbing compound would be very course compared to the polishing compound.
rubbing.

specifically the 3M from Wal-Mart.

never seen polishing compound...

I could imagine rubbing than polishing might be real good.
the 3m headlight restoration kit finishes off with rubbing compound.

the lights look factory new (or friggin close to it) in my experience.
some people make the mistake of spraying clear-coat and other crap that makes them look horrible.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
You can find both in cans like this at many Auto Parts stores and more....

Here's some examples..in this case Turtle wax....
Polishing compound

And the same manufacturer for rubbing compound

Like i said the polishing Compound will be a finer abrasive than Rubbing compound. It might not cut heavy oxidation as fast as the rubbing compound.

If the Rubbing compound works for you, I'd be curious to see if following it with polishing compound makes it look even better.

I'll be experimenting with Polishing compound on my original MSRT8 headlights which have developed a case of the creeping crud...aka oxidation on them.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Are you using the liquid stuff?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
I'll check into the 3M Rubbing Liquid stuff. I'm guessing it's somewhere between the Rubbing and Polishing pastes.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts