DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have read that there are 2 restrictors of some kind in the air intake system. I was curious to what these look like and how to remove them. Info on this would be appreciated :D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey,

You will notice a clyndrical housing which is on the intake pipe, inside there you see a cone, this is the restrictor, its attached by three small mouldings, I just got my long screwdriver and hammered each joint to remove the restrictor... Some people actually pull them out, I must be a wussy cos I couldnt do that :)

As far as I know there isnt really another restrictor, BUT the air intake box has a small cutout which leads into the fender, as you can imagine the amount of air the car needs is not really equal to that small tube.. So what I did before I got my K&N was cut open the botton of the airbox so more air could flow in, about 90% of the air filter was exposed.... All in all I found a slight increase in power and responsiveness..

Hope you get the same results.. .Just one thing to mention, make sure you shake any bits out of the tube that holds the restrictor after you smashed/pulled it out, wouldnt want any plastic bits sucked into your motor.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Si, i will try that tomorrow and see what happens...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
No probs... You have the same motor as me, and the same miles ;)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i used a chisle and hammer to get that restrictor out....not sure how anyone can just pull it out, and i broke out the bottom of my air box. didnt really notice any difference. oh well it gave me something to do for about 20 minutes. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts