1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The article says "the America had been moored with dozens of other inactive warships at a Navy yard in Philadelphia." Will they continue testing the explosives on the rest of the retired warships??? Does anyone know if the USS America was the oldest warship in the Navy yard and that is why they used it 1st???

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
elboricua75 said:
The article says "the America had been moored with dozens of other inactive warships at a Navy yard in Philadelphia." Will they continue testing the explosives on the rest of the retired warships??? Does anyone know if the USS America was the oldest warship in the Navy yard and that is why they used it 1st???
Yes, the Navy will always test explosives on the old retired warships. It's sad, but I guess thay want to see how much explosives does it take to sink a mighty ship. I don't think that the America was the oldest one in that shipyard...

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I think 1 or 2 of the Iowa class battleships are there and they would be the oldest. Like Crombie said they test warheads and other explosives on old warship. Too much $ to keep them mothballed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts