DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after quite some time I am finally working on getting my old computer running.

The computer has windows98 I used it as primary computer for about 2 years. I started collecting movies and vid clips and adding to my collection of mp3's. Then one day it asked for a boot disk, I made one that I got from www.boot-disk.com.

Insert disk turn the computer on and it hums and whirs for a bit then bring up a screen that says

Window98 has detected thast drive : does not containa valid FAT or FAT32 partition. There are several possible causes.

1. Drive may need to be partitioned, to create a partition on the drive run FDISK from ms-dos command prompt.

2. you may be using 3rd paty partitioning software, restart and follow the disk instructions <-----paraphrased

3. viruses may cause drive not to read, run virus scan<--- paraphrased

Diagnostic tools loaded

Its in dos and gives me
a:

Question is what do I do now???? I am completely dos illiterate , well I know how to get out and how to get to my scorched earth game.
Any links for instructions??? Or help???

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds like your hard drive is FUBAR. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
take the HD and put it in another computer, rescue your stuff and then either format it or throw it away. or do like i did and take your HD taking a **** as an excuse to build a new system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts