DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 2.7l base Trep. Trying to make this car super ricey since I’ll have it for a year or more and I don’t think it’ll graduate from ricer to genuinely good car, so I might as well embrace it.
Plus ricing is fun.

MOD LIST:
Custom Catback exhaust with a Cherrybomb Glasspack muffler

Fake Hood Scoop

Fake Carbon Fiber Lip Splitter

Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

PLANNED MODS (in order of proximity time wise):
Underglow

Fake spoiler

Shift knob swap

Halo Projector Headlights

Probably an auto stick conversion

Brakes upgrade

Suspension upgrade

Maybe an intake upgrade (?) depends on availability of parts

Maybe an engine swap in the future, that’s wayyyy out there if I choose to though

·
Premium Member
18,048 Posts
Define "brakes upgrade".

You might want to inspect your metal brake lines for severe corrosion pitting. It's not just a theoretical concern. Not unusual for pitted lines to rupture under hard stop (an adrenalin-inducing experience!) - happened to both my Concordes. Semi-major project to replace all your lines. Typical sites of worst corrosion: The rear lines where they travel parallel to driver's side fender in engine compartment (parallel metal power steering lines in that tray are also known for rusting thru), all lines going into-out of brake Manifold/MCU (below PDC), and forward of driver's rear wheel forward of the 90° bend of one of the lines to head over to the passenger side. Of course the degree of corrosion is somewhat dependent on your car's geographic location over most of its life.

Reactions: hazel

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Define "brakes upgrade".

You might want to inspect your metal brake lines for severe corrosion pitting. It's not just a theoretical concern. Not unusual for pitted lines to rupture under hard stop (an adrenalin-inducing experience!) - happened to both my Concordes. Semi-major project to replace all your lines. Typical sites of worst corrosion: The rear lines where they travel parallel to driver's side fender in engine compartment (parallel metal power steering lines in that tray are also known for rusting thru), all lines going into-out of brake Manifold/MCU (below PDC), and forward of driver's rear wheel forward of the 90° bend of one of the lines to head over to the passenger side. Of course the degree of corrosion is somewhat dependent on your car's geographic location over most of its life.
yeah im gonna check out the brakes, i meant getting new calipers/rotors/pads for performance sake. this car also sat and dry rotted in the previous owners garage for like a year so they might be due for a check anyways

1 - 4 of 4 Posts