DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the chrome trim around the window off. I took like it might be easier with the window down.

Anyone know the pin order of the wires on the power window motor and what I got to jump to put the window down?

Or do I even need to put the window down? That trim looks like it's only stuck on.

·
Registered
917 Posts
The window should be down, and look really carefully at where the screws are placed. when i did mine i missed a screw and bent the trim. off to the yard to get new trim. i know there is a screw under the black plastic cover on the door, think there is a piece of clear tape you need to remove to get access to the screw..

·
Registered
136 Posts
I can't help with which wires will operate the window but you can use an 18v battery from a cordless drill or similar tool to operate it once you know the wires you need to be on.I've used them at yards to move power seats to get to the rear bolts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The window should be down, and look really carefully at where the screws are placed. when i did mine i missed a screw and bent the trim. off to the yard to get new trim. i know there is a screw under the black plastic cover on the door, think there is a piece of clear tape you need to remove to get access to the screw..
Yeah I almost bent the trim, I let off the second I realized what was about to happen. Thank God I didn't kink it.

So you're saying there's a screw in the pillar portion?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
this is at a wreckers? remove inner panel. cut wire going to motor with some length. strip ends. as above with the battery. flip wires around on contacts to get desired direction.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is at a wreckers? remove inner panel. cut wire going to motor with some length. strip ends. as above with the battery. flip wires around on contacts to get desired direction.
Nope actually I got it in my garage, so even easier. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Not the b pillar, its behind the plastic triangle piece that pops off enclose to the edge of the door there should be a piece of clear plastic that needs to be removed and the screw is in that hole. SAy not being to accurate but im typing on my phone... just take your time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts