DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lifted the front of their trep any, my 2001 is too low for NW Ont. Some of the roads I have to drive have 4-6 in. crowns per lane due to log haul trucks (150 000 lb in winter) and also when you put her in flight on frost heaves she "touches" on touch down. I'm doing better than most trep owners around here and have the entire front end still on the car but another inch or two lift on the front would help. So far I've done better than my bonneville, had to jack the frame out twice in seven years and it was a normal on company cars to de-grind the spring towers to get an alignment.

·
Registered
235 Posts
most parts stors sell spring helpers/compressors put on one direction they lift another they lower. easiest way i know

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
First person I've heard who wanted to RAISE their Intrepid. Shoulda thought of that before you bought an Intrepid (which seems to me to be pretty low from the factory).

·
Registered
531 Posts
Avenger said:
First person I've heard who wanted to RAISE their Intrepid. Shoulda thought of that before you bought an Intrepid (which seems to me to be pretty low from the factory).
Low? I changed the oil in my 03 the other day and I swear, David Bowie at 15 couldn't have slid under my car. Coudn't even drive it up onto ramps because the car hits the ramps before the wheels even get to them. I'm not complaining; I don't have to drive mine anyplace the low clearance is a problem.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Indiana Intrep said:
Low? I changed the oil in my 03 the other day and I swear, David Bowie at 15 couldn't have slid under my car. Coudn't even drive it up onto ramps because the car hits the ramps before the wheels even get to them. I'm not complaining; I don't have to drive mine anyplace the low clearance is a problem.
Stick some wood planks on the ramps to help get on them without hurting thebody

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ride height

I measured my trep compared to others in town and I have good springs and good factory height. When I bought the trep four years old for $900.00 canadian I wasn't picking it apart and was prepared to do some mods to match the countryside. It wasn't til there was a trep at work and we finished her off in less than six months. Chrysler took her back and didn't give us another one. Apparently it was a test unit. I got concerned about the ride height then. Our best record of a work car in our district was 25 years ago, three week and we had the unibody chassis so badly stress cracked they wrote the car off. Chrysler didn't do business with us again untill the trep.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I haven't found a solution yet. The big rims won't help. You can't get the rubber compounds to handle the - 30 and sometimes worse weather. The big wheels and tires don't work on ice or hardpacked snow roads and they would probably cost more than I have invested in the car. On top of that 10 months of the year around her is winter and there is only two months of bad sledding. I was wondering about first generation trep springs, they seem to ride heigher. Has anyone tried them on a second generation. I think the first gen 3.5 motor had more iron on it and was heavier so the ride height might work out in my favour.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Avenger said:
Low?

My 93 on the right, at 10 years old didn't even sit low.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i have the same problem with my car scraping on stuff, i cant pull out of my drive with out the front bumper scraping, the rear end finaly scraped the other day when me, my brother, his gf, and my mom where all in the car.. I was thinking about getting like a one inch lift insted of a lowering :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts