DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After slipping and sliding all winter last year I want to get snow tires for my 2000 RT. I also want to save my rims from the salt as well so I want to get some steel rims. I want to get 16" and I was wondering what the widest rim I could fit? The RT rims I think are 7.5" and in the back there shouldn't be an issue with the width since it only goes straight but the fronts might touch the wheel well if they are too wide.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey bud...where in Ont. you live?
I cannot answer your question but I'm sure there's lots around who can. Try posting for ottowkr or gr8wht.
Usually the wheel talk is about moving up in size (18, 19"), not downsizing.
Wait patiently, I'm sure you'll have the answer.

Danny
Capitalcity RT
Figure out which city I live in, duh :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Why do you want a wide rim?? For snow tires wide is not better. A skinny tire will cut through the snow. 16x7 in., 5 lug, 4.5" bolt pattern steel rim is what you want . Then mount some good winter snows and you will be all set for that white crap!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To CapitalCity RT I'm from Toronto and to ottoworker thanks. I wanted the wider rims for looks but cutting through the white crap is better. That brings up another question which is what size tire do I get to keep everything the same size so the speedometer is still working correctly?.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts