DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Rims for 2004 intrepid

649 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  MegaTrep 
#1 ·
im wodering how big of rims can i put on my car i like 20s but if i can go bigger y not so plz help!! :icon_cool

#7 ·
Gawd, what is it with this new fad to keep putting bigger and bigger rims on cars? Don't people realize that they are just giving up performance and putting a strain on the suspension system? I'm talking about larger than 20" rims. These cars with 22's, 24's, 26's (seen 40's) look goofy. The tire sidewall is so thin on some it looks like a giant rubberband stretched around a rim.

#8 ·
I have 20's on mine and i lowered it. 22's while you can do it but they are right you will be putting a strain on your tranny and suspension. And you can hit a hole and say bye bye to your rim. I mean **** i crack 20's all the time lol. Ive cracked a total of 3 but ive been lucky to find a shop who fixes them. But to answer your question while if i had the chance to do it all over again i wouldnt lower it and do 20's and i wont do 22's but i would do a 3 piece 21 i think that will fit perfect in my opinion. I dont think it would put a strain on anything due to the rim being super light but thats my 2 cents hope thats helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.