DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my '97 is headed for the big scrap heap in the sky. it had started leaking antifreeze and overheating about a month ago. took it to the shop and they couldn't find any leaks. fast forward to last week and it's doing it again. brought it in again and they replaced the thermostat and told me the head gasket was ****ed. took it to another shop, they replaced the radiator and told me the head gasket was ****ed. i don't know what i'm gonna do as i have no money for a new car and i need a way to get to work. there's no public transportation to where i work. RIP trep, you served me well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it is the 3.3, I can tell you if you are at all able to work on cars, do the head gasket yourself. I just did the one in my 94 voyager with the 3.3, and it was pretty easy. Its cheap and the trep should be even easier because you don't have to fight with one side being next to the firewall. Also I might be wrong but wouldnt a bad head gasket leak coolant into the engine and not on the ground? you should either see it in the oil or the exaust. Just my 2 cents...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.