DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey guys i got hit yesterday morning at 7h15am, my car was parked on the street in front of my house and a lady hit BETTY!!! so here how it looks like!

My rim is broken! i have the missing piece laying on my desk!

and here is the other car

and she is getting totalled!

:gnight: :doh:

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,536 Posts
Ouch man, that sucks. Looks pretty fixable though. Glad no one was hurt. Fixed the pics for you, but some are dead links.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Aw shoot! Major bummer. Glad you weren't in the car, or the other drive MAY have been injured when they got out! :biggrin:

But seriously - that blows.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Man that really sucks, sad way to see her go, doesn't take much to total these cars. Make sure you strip her before you hand it over to the insurance company!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That's terrible! Stupid people don't know how to drive and avoid large, unmoving objects.

I can totally relate, one night both my car and my girlfriend's car were parked in front of the house (quiet side street). Stolen car ran right into both cars and the neighbor's car. Damaged both doors on both cars, and scratched the quarter panel. Damage wasn't as bad as yours though. However, because the prick in the stolen car took off before I could get out there and beat the crap out of them, it also meant I didn't get any money for it (I only had comprehensive, and the police were like "you're SOL, we're too lazy to find teh guy". I've already replaced one door, need to do the driver's door still.

Any plans to fix it? Just because they total it doesn't mean it isn't fixable. Doors, bumpers and Fender could be found from the junkyard for about $400-$500 total. If you look enough you can probably find them in the same color. That leaves the quarter panel and the rear suspension (front looks ok in the photo at least). I'd fix it, but that's me...love my car too much to ever part with it!

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
If it was just the door and fenders, then they probably wouldn't have totaled it. But that rear 1/4 damage is just way to extensive to be worth repairing. You could buy an SE with a blown 2.7 and swap you're good stuff in there, that's one option.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Well I'm no expert, but they managed to pull out and fix the quarter on the Prizm for less than $700. That was also installing the trunk, tail lights, bumper cover and reinforcement. I got lucky and found a Prizm of the same color in a local yard. I'm sure it'd be more expensive, especially since I we didn't have it repainted, but just something I thought I'd mention.

IIRC all the parts I mentioned I got for $200.

They totaled the car, but I that didn't keep me from fixing it. :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My dad called me from work and told me to got outside to check on my car because they called him saying that im not answering the door ( i was sleeping) so put the flip flops on and pumped the chest and went outside, as soon as i steped outside the lady started crying again! She was surprised to see how calme i was.
My uncle own's a body shop and told me that there is for about 4000$ worth of damage because the chassi is twist in the back, the inssurance guy said over the phone that 95% of the time a car like this gets totaled,
the inspector came and checked it up and saw how clean she is and told me he will pass the word to the guy deciding. before sending it im putting all back to stock,
the rims i got a extra set with to perfect rims witch im going to put on my next car and it might be a 04 grand prix gt!
anyways im now im waiting a call back from the inssurance compagnie and see how much they give me for it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey guys i got hit yesterday morning at 7h15am, my car was parked on the street in front of my house and a lady hit BETTY!!! so here how it looks like!

My rim is broken! i have the missing piece laying on my desk!

and here is the other car

and she is getting totalled!

:gnight: :doh:

Dude! That sucks!! hate to see it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
aww man that ROYALY SUCKS!! gawd I hate people...not all just the stupid ones who hit cars when they're parked!! I woulda gave her **** big time! what was her excuse?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
i would use a blow dryer for 5 minutes on one section of the fenders then the doors. After the 5 minutes i would use the air in a can upside down. Doing this causes the dents to pop out on there own. Ive seen it work on utube videos. Doing this will fix the huge dents. The main problem would be fixing the suspension on that back wheel and repainting. The looks of the pictures the back door will still open. Im also suprised that back tire didnt blow. That crack looks bad. The suspension and panel looks the worst. Even down by the door the 3rd pic above. good luck and im gald your ok. Was the other person on the phone or drunk. I would have that person arrested.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well she said she dropped something on the floor and she went to get it and she lost control, theres a stop sign exactly 10m behind, I'm 99% sure she did not do her stop because if she did the car would not be that damaged!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts