DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was rummaging thru the junkyard yesterday and came along a 96 eagle vision tsi with the rke remote hanging off t he key chain. so i grabbed it. came home wo my 3.3 with TRAC @[email protected] and grounded the green wire to the black by using a stripped speaker wire and plugging it into the 2 holes on the plug.

Locks engaged
pressed lock button/ lockes engaged again no other remotes.
took out wire
started car
turned off
got out
poped trunk walked to the other side of the street
nothing works
4 feet away from car the remote works

Now i came inside and told my mom it worked. She told me i was going to short circut the car and kill me self. Told her about the 4 feet prob. , She said her taurus remote did that when the battery inside the remote was going bad. Is this true about these remotes. or is this norma ?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
The battery can have an effect on the distance but typically the range is more like 20 to 30 feet. Years ago while testing the range on these at the factory I got about 120 feet, tried to repeat it another day but no chance.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i cant go out past 4 feet. so would this be abattery issue ?

20 -30 feet would be fking sweet

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im afraid to pry it apart. i guess ill switch over the battery.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well. i got one new battery since i only had a 5 dollar bill in my pocket. and i got it to hen i lock the doors in the attic. witch is far up. and it worked to my back door witch is about 30 or so feet. :)

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
mine works 20-30 feet away, i got remote start/keyless entry

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
It depends on the function. Each button has it's own carrier, but they are all centered around 950MHz. This is based on testing of my 2001 RKE remote. The first gens may be different, but I would bet they are still in the 900MHz band...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my trunk button only works in certain directions from the reciver under the dash. the locks work around 30 feet away. but hey im not complaining. its so more convienient (sp?) then just a key :) and free at that. no copmlaints

1 - 11 of 11 Posts