DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I found a reference for Rockauto.com on a previous post for purchasing auto parts.

I have never used Rockauto - have folks generally positive experiences using this site? Any problems with receiving the wrong parts?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tim

·
Registered
203 Posts
I purchased upper ball joints for my Durango from there. No problems!!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
No problems with this site at all... Ordered new tie rods, new bushings, and many other things i can't even remember.

·
9,861 Posts
I ordered rod/main bearings, and piston rings. No problems. Shipped fast.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just got this e-mail from Rockauto. Like it says, share it!

To show our appreciation, we would like to give you and your friends a special
discount on auto parts.

Here's how it works:

- You give this discount code: 176909177409 to friends, neighbors, relatives,
the guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.
- When someone (including yourself) places an order at www.rockauto.com and
enters your discount code in the "How did you hear about us" line of the
shopping cart, he or she will receive an immediate 5% discount on that order.
- The discount code expires on March 22, 2005; so don't wait!

You may use this discount code as often as you wish until it expires, but only
one discount code can be used per order.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I ordered two times, got the right parts, and even returned some with no hastle. Great online vendor.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I ordered several times with no problems. They even list the AC Delco part numbers which you can then use to order from GMPartsdirect.com. GM makes a lot of parts for our treps. Sometimes cheaper then Rock Auto. Rock auto is an extensive site with good selection of all makes. At minimum, you can use the site to get an idea what parts will cost if you buy from a your neigborhood auto parts store or how much you can save. Always take shipping into concideration when comparing prices.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good Experience Correct Parts

I ordered some exhaust parts (everything rear of the muffler) for my '99 LHS and I got the parts fast, great price, etc.

The only issue I had was that the chrome tips were shipped from another location and they took a long time to arrive even though I had paid for three day shipping.

But I would definitely buy from them again, and their online catalog is very user-friendly, too.

Unfortunately now I need a muffler for my son's '98 Grand Am GT and they must have recently stopped carrying exhaust parts for that car, so I have to find it somewhere else.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Not sure as yet..just ordered my timing kit and fog light switch and relay. I'll let u know when they arrive.. Actually i just foud out about them too.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Rockauto has been good to me. Last order they screwed up the amount on my credit card, but fixed it quick. Other than that I have never had trouble with parts, service or anything.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Ordered from rock lots of times. Did all four corner brakes last july on the trep, pads and rotors. Got it all for like $100+ shipping. Just did the front rotors on my '06 Ion and got as pair off rock for I think $50 including shipping or plus shipping. god damn GM rotors were shot with only 22K miles on the car.

Yes, thumbs up to rockauto. Everything I've ordered from them have been the correct item. I've never had to deal with them for the incorrect item.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Great site. I ordered my timing belt, water pump, rotor, and much more from them. Haven't had any issue yet!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just watch out for shipping!

Rock Auto is a good place to order parts and the only Internet vendor I have ordered from. The parts are name brand and they can cost way less than what the dealers are charging these days.

The only thing to watch out for is shipping - they ship from four warehouses and it is possible that you will have a small number of parts, but each part ships from a different warehouse, so you pay for three or four separate packages.

The site will calculate shipping for you and tell you how warehouses the order is shipping from so you can try to balance the value of the order vs. shipping.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Yes, the do ship from several. Last year, I ordered an idler pulley for the trep and had it in like a day or two. they shipped it from Buffalo which is just across the state from me. A week or two later I ordered new belts and it shipped from St. Louis and took a few days longer. About a month later I ordered rotors and pads all the way around that shipped from somewhere in CA, and took a week or a little longer. I didn't need them right away so I didn't mind. They sat boxed up under the desk in my dining room. I got around to doing my brakes when I did partly because the weather was nice, and mostly because my wife wanted them out of HER dining room!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good place to buy

Nothing but good to say about them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts