DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently acquired an '04 Intrepid ES despite having only 1500km (932mi) noticed small problems already.

When the car was purchased, the rolling locks were diabled. We were told that all cars with power locks came with rolling locks standard and enabled at time of purchase.

We had the dealership enable the rolling locks 2 or 3 times, and I myself have managed to enable it several times as per instructions in the drivers manual.

Basically, the rolling locks continues to disable itself and I can't figure out why. I'm thinking that since this car is still clearly under warranty, that the BCM should be replaced. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
576 Posts
i think you should take it to the dealership until the thing is perfect...

get ahold of chrysler directly if things dont get resolved in a reasonable amount of time...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
What a pain in the @$$.. IMO, you should take it back to the dealership and make them replace the BCM... since it's very inconvenient to keep taking it back time and time again. I, for one, can think of things I'd rather be doing....

Sometimes you have to be an asshole to them, because they like to drag their feet... I'm with bj, contact Chrysler if they don't/won't fix it. (the address and phone number should be in the back of your owner's manual).

HTH

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, before we get too far off on a tangent, let me just say that with all the other cars that we've purchased from that dealership, we've never had a problem with their service, and I would be shocked if that dealership didn't make the repair. The next time the rolling locks disable themselves, we're going to schedule an appt. to have them change the BCM.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Rolling Locks" is the feature on all chrysler cars (with power locks), that locks the doors once you hit 20mph.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stock04Intrepid - How do you set the rolling locks on the Intrepid. For some reason the feature was disabled (don't know how it happened) but I would like to get them reset. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Would this feature be "built in" on a 94ES?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Paul G. said:
Would this feature be "built in" on a 94ES?
I don't think so. Mine does not have it and have never read it in the book either. Just reach over and depress the "lock" button yourself...lol...lazyyyy peoples :) j/k

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
frost5466 said:
I don't think so. Mine does not have it and have never read it in the book either. Just reach over and depress the "lock" button yourself...lol...lazyyyy peoples :) j/k

I'm pretty damn sure that 1st gens have this feature too...I'm just not sure if it has to be activated by the dealer or you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
781 Posts
the feature isn't on 1st gens i think... only second gen... i think 98/99 they started doing it on the cars. it's a weird procedure anyway like pushing the door lock button, cycling the key 10 times, pushing the lock again... something like that...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kenundrum said:
the feature isn't on 1st gens i think... only second gen... i think 98/99 they started doing it on the cars. it's a weird procedure anyway like pushing the door lock button, cycling the key 10 times, pushing the lock again... something like that...
Our '92 Caravan had it, I would be very surprised if the 1st gen 'treps didn't have this. At the time, Chrysler was aiming at making the LH series with a lot of little extra (remember the intermittant wipers that speed up when you reach a certain speed).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't have this on my '95 ES....or if I do, it isn't "enabled".

Candidly, I hate this "feature" on cars that I've rented and/or driven.

Disabling this would likely be my first "mod"...

Cheddar

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just have to say that the only thing I hate more than the rolling locks are the ones that lock when you put it in gear and do't unlock when you go back into park. But I agree have the dealer deal with it if you want it to work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts