DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was planning on pulling the a/c components (you may see that i live in arizona, and probably think im insane),, the a/c doesnt work and i dont feel like repairing it (its really not important for me to have it anyway) and was curious if pulling the a/c would effect the heater in anyway. and would removing it benifit me in anyway.

also curious if anyone has ever put a roof scoop on their trep and how i would go running airways to have my "natural" air conditioning
it may be more expensive to put one on then just fixing the a/c but having the extra fuel and less engine strain i belive it may pay for itself

sorry if i posted to long of a thread, and if i put it in the wrong area

any advice, how-tos are very much appreciated

thank you,
austin--:Welder:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
It was always my belief that running with the windows down was less fuel efficient because of drag :/
I just say fix the A/C it'll be much more refreshing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
like the rally cars have to cool the drivers
and just advice period if it were to be a good idea
im not looking for beauty or bieng professional just curious more or less

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Removing the a/c won't gain you enough weight reduction to save any noticeable fuel efficiency.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Not true entirely, when I was throwing around my old A/C during my swap it had to have weighed AT last 30lbs, so there is a minor weigh reduction...
one tenth of one percent of the vehicle weight is not going to make a measurable difference on a daily driver. The average person has 30 pounds of crap rolling around in the car and another 30 around their waist. Not to mention the 30 pounds of ductwork the OP was going to put into replace it.

No.

Bad kitteh.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
To answer another part of your question.. Someone on cardomain did a roof scoop... someone from Canada..Orange/red color ..lamborghini doors.. kinda overkill.. I forget the name of the guy.. I think his icon pic on cardomain was a phoenix?

Didn't read other posts.. but I don't like the idea of removing something a future owner might want to fix/use.. especially in az.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
What he said. Years ago I removed the AC from my first gen. When I tried to sell it 5 years later it was hard sell, granted by that time it had well over 200k miles and was rode hard and put away wet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was a thought haha, i guess you get used to the heat out here. thanks for the input, will post more randoms out there

but the lambo door is overkill on almost any car, and lifting a treps heavy ass door doesnt sound fun
although rear suicides may not be to bad

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Removing your A/C (IMHO) is silly.
It won't gain you anything in mileage, or performance.
Also, even though it is a dry heat...115* is still fuggin' hot.

Roof scoop, not feeling it on our cars, or any car....even a rallye car!!
Nice imagination, but please don't do it.

A/C will prevent your balls from sticking to your leg...

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
Removing your A/C (IMHO) is silly.
It won't gain you anything in mileage, or performance.
Also, even though it is a dry heat...115* is still fuggin' hot.

Roof scoop, not feeling it on our cars, or any car....even a rallye car!!
Nice imagination, but please don't do it.

A/C will prevent your balls from sticking to your leg...
listen to Crash,, he's right

1 - 19 of 19 Posts