• Depends on tire

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 41.4%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
In that case, my tire rotating policy is always buy new ones for the front... Considering the way i tear through tires after about 20,000 miles, and the fact that i go with directional tires, i always just buy a new set for the front, rotate the ones with about 10,000 miles on them to the back, and start over in another 10,000 miles or so.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
at any given point in time, i usually hang on to one or two of the other ones as spares. 20,000 miles might be underestimating it even. I probably get closer to 30,000 out of a set...

·
Registered
699 Posts
I try to buy new tires when my old ones get down the steel belts under the rubber, lol Ive never bought new tires for this car, I just go buy used ones which last about 10k and go back and buy more used ones, they run about $35 for 4 225 60r16s, sometimes ill get 30k out of a set

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
New ones in the front is not the route to go for winter driven cars.
The better front tires will definately help prevent you from getting stuck in the snow but for driver's that hang closer to the limit. Better tires in the rear makes for a more stable vehicle.

I don't have a specific schedule for rotation, all though I do firmly believe in it's benefits. My car (Tbird) has directional rims. I can only rotate front to rear.
Our LHS has separate winter and summer tires/rims. It's usually time to rotate as we approach the next season. Finally my truck has big and smalls. I've did side to side a couple times but rears don't last long on it anyways.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
7500 miles

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Rotation is important if you have any kind of an alignment problem or wear issue because of lowering etc. I think the owners manual says rotate every 6k. I rotate every 5k at my oil changes

If you have good alignment and your tires are wearing properly(no feathering, etc) you can stretch your rotation intervals.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I can't remember if I rotate my tires every 5,000 or 10,000 miles. I want to say 5,000 but I'll have to check my log book

·
Registered
77 Posts
Voted other. Every oil change I have the tires rotated. HOwever, with my last oil change, I switched over to synthetic oil, so I'm not really sure what to do now as I don't really plan on changing my oil every 3K anymore.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Rotated and balanced every 6,000 miles. It's free for me, so midas well...although I haven't rolled even 4K yet on this one.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
I do mine every 6,000 or so. I also agree with 04IntrepidSXT though.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
i used to rotate about every 6 months, however now that i switch to snow tires in the winter, it throws off the schedule a bit. I will admit that i didn't rotate my normal tires at all this year, but that was because i knew this would be their last season... Plan on replaceing all 4 next week or so.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
rule of thumb front wheel drive cars 5-7 k,, rear wheel drive 8-10k

1 - 18 of 18 Posts