DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, long time no speak. I just had an odd question kinda...I rotated my tires yesterday, all torq'd to spec and what not. After rotation, I now notice that there is a very small bumping in my ride while coasting about 25 mph. Never when accelersting, no shake in the wheel, just that and the slight sound of this bump, cleverly disguised as regular road noise. As in, you can barely hear it. Would you say it's just the rear tread adapting to the front, or do I have a problem here?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
have you re-checked them yet for torque? some are tough to get the wheel center pulled tight over the hub center.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i never use less than 100 to make sure they are pulled in properly.
i've never broken a stud at that torque, nor had a nut back out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I took it to my trusted tire shop in town. They rebalanced the wheels and said the tires are in good shape. Afterwards, I still have this bounce. They did say however that I will need to replace my inner tie rod eventually. I was curious, is it possible this bounce is what was once the rear tires now adapting to the front wheel wear?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Is it really a bounce like the wheel and tire needs balancing or could it be something rubbing? Check how close the lower strut plate is to the top of the tire. The first clue I had that my strut was rusting away was a slight noise at a roll or while making a right turn. It will tke two minutes and cost you nothing to have a look.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything clearances fine last I checked. Although every bump I hit now, no matter how slight, it sounds like a rusty bedspring on the drivers front.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I actually have found that I have this bump at all speeds. I plan on replacing this inner tie-rod on my next pay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts