DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my nice new Linksys WRT54G craped out on me, after constantly disconecting me during the last week. It's 10 days after the 30 day return expired! :(

Now my options are to spend MORE money sending it back to linksys (and get another piece of ****), OR eat the $75 and get different one.

Anyone dealt with Linksys on warrenty returns? I don't want a hassle and am pissed I have to pay to ship it to them (from canada it won't be cheap)

Any recomendations on another router? I need one that can stand up to constant heavy traffic, (eg bittorrent) and is reliable, (have VOIP phone). Wireless is not needed or wanted really.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I've been using a Belkin router (not wireless) for the past few years and have had no issues with it. I've done a fair amount of downloading (including Bit Torrent). I've never had any connection issues due to the router. I currently have two computers and a PS2 hooked up through it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Running a D-Link, no probs and our whole house is wired to it...How did your lynk die, may I ask.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I have DLink also, it needs to be rebooted every now and then to re-establish the wireless connection, but other than that it works great.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
The only related issue I've had was with a range extender made by Belkin. It didn't want to communicate wirelessly with the main router at all. After some troubleshooting, they just sent me out a new one UPS Next Day Air. I didn't have to return the one that didn't work or anything. They just simply sent me out a new one. So what did I do? I returned the broken one to the store and got my money back and kept the new one that they sent me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I run Clarkconnect software on an old computer I had laying around the house. Not only is it a gatway/router with DHCP and a firewall, but it can act as a file, print, web, email, proxy, content filtering and VPN server. The best reason for running the software is FREE! All you need is an old computer with 128mb of ram and 2 NIC cards for gateway mode.

I even stream music to my son's xbox and publish all my digital pictures from the server onto my tv.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well do I feel like an idiot.... routers fine... :brutal_26 I had changed a bunch of settings regarding my Cable ISP, (tried to use a static IP instead of DHCP), and needless to say that is what caused the problem.

What confused me was that it worked fine the way I had it for quite a while before going down, and I had a hell of a time getting things back to working order (still don't know how I did it!)

So now I have 30 days to test if this WRT54G still kicks me off when using bittorent. (I just bought a Dlink DI-604 which has been working well, but I'll return if all is ok)

thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Where did you buy it from? Most decent retail places have a 90 day return policy. If you live near a Fry's, they have a 1 year policy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts