DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day computer gurus! Hopefully someone can provide some insight for me.

So I have Broadband through the cable company and I have the modem routed to a Microsoft MN-700 wireless router that in turn runs our two desktops and provides wireless for the Wii and our laptop.

Suddenly one day I cannot connect to the interent through the router. It is showing all normal lights on the front, including modem and wireless signals, and is showing the two attached PCs. When I plug a computer into the modem I get internet. When I'm on the router I can see the other PCs, but no internet. My PC shows our home network as it always does on the network connection page, but just won't connect to the internet. Troubleshooting either blames the Windows Firewall or the DNS server, which genrally means either the router or the modem need a power reset.

I reset the router once already, and have cycled the power several times to no avail. Everything in the router admin page seems normal as far as I can tell, but I'll admit my netowrking experience is pretty limited.

The router is also making a slighting buzzing, or static noise, which it didn't used to do. I have not installed anything at all on any of the PCs, certainly nothing network related.

Anyone got any ideas? Is the router pooched?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Time for a new one and I'd recommend getting a Linksys this time

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
It is a number of years old. Uh.. possibly about 5-6 years old.
I think it's croaked..... whats the model number on it..might have some info on it on the web.

Also if your looking new, I use and only will use Belkin wireless routers and accessories. Been using them since A-band...

·
Dain bramaged
7,208 Posts
if its making noise now, and didn't before chances are something inside went "pop" and its time for a new router.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts