DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy was following me to the bar to meet some more friends. im just relaxin jamming out to some kenny chesney when i see him in my rear view quickly approaching my car. im like dang, come man. and before i knew it i was pulling away like he was standing still. he didnt say anything bout the ol' RT tonight. to think all the **** he talks about my "big, ugly" car. not a big kill, but thought i would just put that in here.

·
Registered
201 Posts
lmao....not Kenny Chesney...lmao!! My little brother has a 2003 Accord V6, and Ive given him the business a couple times...a Kill is a Kill though friend....congrats...

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Take it to a track :D

Black R/Ts can never be called ugly. Wheres he live! lol

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
4-cyl Accord? Geeze........even the V6's weren't a challenge until they introduced the new Accord V6 engines a couple years back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's that 140hp for the slower ones and 160hp for the vtec i4's. The older v6's had 200hp but were heavy and I agree until the newer ones with 240hp they were a joke.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2008 V6's are 268HP/248TQ
They are a 6/4/3 cylinder dropdown
and in 3 cylinders they still only get 29mpg.

Yeah, I will call them out. Honda and Nissan. I have raced the 3.5 Altima in the bird. I am not impressed by all their hype, especially for a car costing twice as much as mine.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Yeah but the Camry V6 (2007+) will blow the crap out of any Intrepid. It only has 268hp but has been tested to do 0-60 in under 5.9 seconds.

I drove one (2007 SE V6, graphite gray) before I got my Hybrid, and I'll say one thing, that ****er was QUICK.

You can see my grey Trep beside it... she was a bit dirty. I didn't baby her as much as I do now when I had the Camry SE. I loved that car.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I haven't driven a new Camry V6..........but I'd be afraid of it in a straight line!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The Camry V6 is NUTS.... Charger R/T like performance. Both do 0-60 in around 5.9.

And yeah.... an Intrepid R/T looks great, especially in black! He's just jealous! :D

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
lol 4cycl accord.................... A 6cycl would have put up alittle more of a fight

And would have still lost to that R/T
Anything after 2003 (or whenever the 240hp versions came out) would beat the R/T.

PaganEgyptian, the 29 mph figure is based on the revised EPA figure. Our 3.5 would be lucky to get 25...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
My buddy's got a 1999 Accord v6 VTEC and i can beat him till about 68 (end of 2nd gear) then he pulls ahead, and leaves me in the dust. But that was with my old, run down, beat to **** 94 Intrepid, we still are waitin for summer to rematch with my 96 thats a lot quicker. Well first hes gotta fix his damn car cause it dosent run hahahahaha.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am just glad that you put a 4 cylinder Honda thinking he will beat any Domestic in his place. Thought I would rather be jamming some Godsmack or Finger 11, that's purely personal preference. I am still glad you did what you did. Good Job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts