DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,137 Posts
I ran the VIN. If you PM me with an email address I can forward the whole report for you. It's in HTML format and is too big to post in the thread. To make a long story short it's last reported mileage was 36,000 on 03/15/2004 in Kalamazoo, MI when it was issued a salvage title. Says it's a 2000 Chrysler LHS.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ronbo said:
I ran the VIN. If you PM me with an email address I can forward the whole report for you. It's in HTML format and is too big to post in the thread. To make a long story short it's last reported mileage was 36,000 on 03/15/2004 in Kalamazoo, MI when it was issued a salvage title. Says it's a 2000 Chrysler LHS.

excellent....hehehe their ass is mine...they told me 9k..

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK any lawyers on the boards?

Got a legal question...in regards to a contract.

Basically in my understanding since they lied to me about the mileage that is a breech in contract thus making it null and void which leads to my ****in money coming back...however...heres my question what do I need as evidence because i was told by them that the car had 9k on it and that was confirmed to me today by the guy although he said it probably had more like 90k and i was like what and then later he said he checked and it was 9k...so does a verbal agreement and confirmation hold up in court? Or do i need documented evidence? Cuz i think what i will do is be like yea i think you lied about the mileage i think it is actually 90k on it...then he will be like no its 9k then i will say ok then fax me proof of this...then after i get that fax I will be like thanks u dumb ***** no i will sue your ass! lol :bgtup: :elefant: ..also i was told that i was paying for a 1 year parts and labor warranty although today i found out that all i had was 6month parts...should i attempt to sue to get the labor as well?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
interpretblurple said:
it wasnt a vehicle it was an engine...and i cant remember why i didnt but yea
Ahh, gotcha. Didn't realize it was for an Engine and not the car itself. Hence the Salvage title.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would sue for the engine and throw in labor to have the engine fixed or replaced. If it was only verbal with the 12 months of labor warrantee then you will have a harder time with that. And get the fax, that will screw him even more lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
When buying a used part from a bone yard unless the mileage of the vehicle is written on the receipt there is really nothing that you can do. What do you mean that you were paying for a 12 month parts and labor warranty? Did they say that if the engine blew then they would replace it and install it? If that is in writting and you had to replace something then you can get that back.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wrench said:
When buying a used part from a bone yard unless the mileage of the vehicle is written on the receipt there is really nothing that you can do. What do you mean that you were paying for a 12 month parts and labor warranty? Did they say that if the engine blew then they would replace it and install it? If that is in writting and you had to replace something then you can get that back.
yea see basically i went on car-parts.com and found the engine, so i called an asked them to verify how many miles was on the engine they told me 9k and I said I would like that verfied in the contract and they said ok. Anyway they said it would come with a 6month parts warranty and i asked if there were any more warranties available and they told me i could get a 12month parts and labor warranty for about 300 more bucks so i said yea do that. Anyway he told my mom (she paid for it) that he would send the actual warranty and all the documents that showed the mileage and warranty info with the engine...this information never came with the engine hence why i didnt know that it was only a 6month warranty..my warranty ended on may 12th (of course right) and since they are giving me the run around i asked to have the vin checked to see if they lied about the mileage. I never told them that i know that the car has 36k on it (and they cant say **** because that was in jan. of 04 and i got the engine in nov of 04.. and they had the car at that time (they got it as a salvage license becaues it was undrivable)...anyway by them sending me the title (which should be arriving by fax in minute, showing that the car has 9k on when in fact it has 36k...is a breech in the contract...resulting in my money.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yea man.... show a lawyer that contract and your vin report and his eyes should light up! Easy money (for him, and you!). I'd claim expenses for the time and stress of dealing with this bullshit as well (a lawyer will probley get you as much as he can anyway...)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts