DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up to run the Intrepid at Summit Point Raceway in West VA on November 30th. Does anyone know how these cars do on a road course? It will be with an instructor so I guess the nice thing is that I can find out how to wring this car out to achieve maximum potential. Heres the link if anyone's interested. www.bsr-inc.com

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The course I'm taking is under the Recreational driving schools section. Its called FATT- Friday at the Track.

·
Registered
502 Posts
That sounds pretty cool, man!
Tell us how it goes, and try and get some pictures if you can!

I used to live about 5 minutes from Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin (Road America race track) and they ran the Skip Barber cars there. Very fun stuff.

·
Registered
49 Posts
BK, I'm very interested in this, I'll be moving to Balto/DC in less than a year. I plan on taking my car to Summit the first chance I get. Is the cost still $150? I haven't been there in over 2 years, so I forgot. Make sure your car is ready for it before you go! Keep an eye on your power steering fluid, trans fluid, (they'll both get real HOT if you're driving 10/10ths for more than a few minutes at a time) and brakes (ditto for the heat, good thing you're going in Nov.). You might consider picking up some cheap rims and gumball tires to make it even more fun, and less abusive to your street rubber. You ever autocross?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Akh, just went to the link and read about it... cost $175, and you must be on street tires. It may not be the course I was thinking of. Whereabouts is South Riding, VA, anyway?

... looks like you have to take and pass the "FATT" course to be able to go out for "Seat time." Seat time is when you get to go out and flog your own vehicle without the instructors. If you can remember, ask them if you still have to use street tires for Seat time when you come back. Thanks

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: 2KWK4U ]

·
Registered
504 Posts
I wish I could join you, but I'm a consultant, and vacation is a naughty word... But it would be nice to see a few R/T's out there rippin it up. I guess I'll have to settle for 95S between Baltimore and DC. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts