DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have stared to install my system but now it is time to run the power wire.I have 20 feet of stinger pro 4 gauge power wire and would like to know how the ppl that have already ran there wire did it .. How did yah get threw the firewall .. ect ect ..

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
This is from the second gen how to's!
To everyone who is looking for an easy way to get through the firewall on a 2nd Gen... here's your how to

1.) You look under the hood for the rubber grommet that carries the speedometer cable on the driver's side of the engine bay

A closer picture of the grommet

2.) Go inside your car and find this grommet by the gas and brake pedals

3.) Take a sharp compact knife of some sort and either cut a hole like I did or what may be better is to cut a large "X" through the rubber so that you will have a tighter weather seal. Either way the chances of water getting in are slim to none.

4.) Take a wire hangar and from the engine bay, push it through the hole or "X" you made into the cabin area. Then take your power wire routed from the trunk and electrical tape it to the hangar tightly. Next pull the hangar back through the engine bay so that the power cable comes out into the engine bay.

Your not so bad firewall!
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Just to add to this post... I did the same exact power wire routing and figured out that it looks better and appears to be less "in-the-way" if you route the cable towards the passenger side rather than the drivers side. This would be possible for any installation unless you have a very limited amount of cable. I had a 8 gauge streetwires kit and it got to the trunk with maybe 2 feet left over. Try to keep it away from other cables or mechanical parts such as the pedals. Just a tip. Let us know how it turns out!

Josiah

1 - 3 of 3 Posts