DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i've had these rusty spots for a bit, they were kind of really really small, you can hardly see them.

Now, i can see them and they look UGLY, i gotta spot on my trunk basically the whole tip of where the folded body(you can't really see it you have to look between the center bar light and the trunk in between this area) is rusty and a spot of rust spread out on the body where i can see it.

i gotta a really small spot on the hook i don't know what that all about.

what's the best way to go to get that rust in the back of the trunk away?

thanks.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
thats tough to resolve, because the issue is PROBABLY between the folds, and thats hard to resolve, you can take care of where the rust is on the outside, but it will probably come back again. IMO you maybe better of replacing the trunk lid.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you think?

what about shops that can do rust work?

·
Registered
95 Posts
it might be cheaper to get a trunk lid at the car yard and stick it on opposed to taking it to a body shop to get the work done. You might not find the right colour right away but you'll never know what you'll find.

·
Registered
646 Posts
try claying the hood carefully before doing anything to that, the hood sounds like industrial fall out; the trunk stuff, not really sure, i guess if anything to repair you'd have to grind out the rust, bondo, sand smooth, paint. but im not really sure exactly where in the trunk your referring to (im having an A.D.D. day...) so that might not be an option

1 - 5 of 5 Posts