DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Trep and while driving i got to thinking how hard wold it be to make this car a RWD? While i havn't been able to look at a charger in person i think that the 2 car a similar enough to make it work but I'm new to dodge and would like your opinion.

·
Registered
364 Posts
ummmm....ya......not really a possibility....unless you are very heavy into fabrication and want to spend hellish amounts of cash....you can buy a charger, take the body off, take the floor out of it, take the body off your trep, graft the floor into the trep body, then reinstall the Frankenstein trep/charger onto the charger chassis....and good luck....let me know if u do it cuz it would be badass......there was a guy on here that did that...the amount of work it took and months for him....I'm pretty sure not many people will ever do that again....look it up....it was awesome....V8 RWD trep....

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
ummmm....ya......not really a possibility....unless you are very heavy into fabrication and want to spend hellish amounts of cash....you can buy a charger, take the body off, take the floor out of it, take the body off your trep, graft the floor into the trep body, then reinstall the Frankenstein trep/charger onto the charger chassis....and good luck....let me know if u do it cuz it would be badass......there was a guy on here that did that...the amount of work it took and months for him....I'm pretty sure not many people will ever do that again....look it up....it was awesome....V8 RWD trep....
Way false dude. These cars are half set up for it. The tunnel to the rear of the car is plenty large enough to support a drive shaft. Need to move the fuel tank and put a cell in somewhere else, then plop in your rear axle and away you go! Big thing is electronics, most guys have just dropped a 360 in it and called it a day, actually putting a whole Charger driveline in would be far more elegant, but it won't talk to the stock BCM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can some one explain how a independant rear suspesion works? Or what the charger uses as a rear suspension works.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Lots of "how it works" links on teh interwebs, but I kinda dig this video, using LEGOs!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm... that seems quite complicated. Would there be much performance gains with a mulitlink over the solid axels?

·
Registered
738 Posts
It's easy, but requires some math skills, labor, access to parts or cash to drop it off and pick it up done.

I've seen people drop the rear end assemblies out of LX cars (Charger, Magnum etc), modify the mounts on their LH car chassis (not an enormous difference, but enough of one), drop the LH fuel tank, shift the exhaust and rock and roll.

Trouble is using your 2.7/3.2/3.5 motor, the LX Mercedes transmission (Some Audi Tranny's apparently match up too) and getting it all to work.

Your best bet would be find a wrote off LX car at the yard, yank all the electronics and wiring and bolt up the transmission, fit the rear end and you're 100% good. Mind you there is A LOT of stuff in between what I just said. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts