DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for anyone who has the speedhut gauges installed from the group buy

Are you still happy with them? Any fading or loss of color?

Did you opt for the upgraded inverter or just using the standard?

Also do they light up at night by just turning on the lights just like normal or do you need to turn the dash on with a seperate power switch?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Having just bought a set for the eclipse, I can tell you that they seem like a quality product (not installed yet).

I chose them because I helped a buddy install them in his Dakota in the Spring of 05. The regular inverter has held up fine and we tapped the wires right into the headlight switch so they come on with the rest of the lights. I believe the instructions that came with the lights suggested an external switch but we went with the "stock" look. There are plenty of instructions available out there on the internet to help you out. I downloaded a set from www.club3g.com for when mine come in. The instalation was simple, but like most gauge changes, it required the needles to be removed which leaves room for error. The only problem i found is the price you have to pay to get them... $79 for my car was a little steep, but I think theyre worth it.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feel glad, the Mustang kit starts at $89.99, add to that the extra they want to remove the speedhut logo an you are over $100 shipped

Still worth it as long as I know they are a quality product that won't be faded a year later

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
$100 !!!! damn. Can i get a loan?

I think you're safe... My buddy's gauges are a little over a year old and still look the same as they did when we put them in.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
IMO, the speedhut gauges are overpriced. I bought a set of no name ones on eBay for my cavalier. I had them for over a year and they worked great. They were reverse glow with a selectable color and brightness control. Since the trep already has white gauges, I didn't really see a need to buy another set, but I would. Joe, screw the gauge faces, get this!!

MMM... Autometer :drool:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I still have mine, glowin just as they were when I purchased them..... tho I'd recommed purchasing some super white led bulbs (THESE or THESE) to make the needles glow brighter. I've got mine powered off the orange illumination wire coming out of the headlight switch, they come on with the dash lights as normal and dimm with the dash lights (they also have the brightness adjuster and blue/green switch for further adjusting or to just have a needle glowing gauges :p ). I'm also running the upgraded inverter but I'm runing reverse glow gauges so I'm not sure how that's effected as well as the illumination power wire has a regulated 12volt max.

The lil speedhut logo's at the bottom of the gauge is only minorly annoying and it's really not worth paying more to remove, I'm proud to be using thier gauges over the un-named ebay ones that die randomly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts