DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I found out this morning that my grandfather (dad's dad) is in the hospital and he isn't doing so well. The people there called my dad and sisters and told them they had better come see him.

I'm handling this a lot better than I expected I would. I think what is bothering me the most is that I won't be able to get back to Canada to attend the funeral.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Sorry to hear. It is something we all have to deal with sooner or later, but that doesn't make it any easier.

I lost my last grandparent last May, so I know how you are feeling. Kind of odd, but I still get the feeling that I could go to her house and drop in sometimes.

Then I remember she's gone. I guess it still hasn't set in.

Once again, my condolences. Keep us posted.

:sad:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Sorry bro. I too feel youre pain.

Just last year my grandma died. After not seen her ever in my life. They finnaly gave her a Visa and let her, fly from Jerusalem and come visit us. Well she then died 3 months later after we all got to see her:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that Matt. I am in the same position with my grandmother. You have alot of friends here who sympathize and know what you are going through. We are here for ya bud.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the sad news. May your sorrow pass quickly.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot.

I won't be able to go to Canada, unfortunatley, but I am consoled in the fact that everyone in my family understands why, and my grandfather was given my message and he understood as well.

Mr grandfather passed away at about 4:20pm MST in Grey Nuns Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta. He was 78 years old.

The details of why he died are kind of sketchy, so I'll fill you guys in when I get them all put together. As you can guess, things are more than a bit hectic right now.

Once again, thank you all.

John Henry Bilyk
December 25, 1923 - March 08, 2002

PS It was my brother Steven's 26 birthday today as well.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'll start by giving my deepest sympathy and condolences.

I went to Massachusetts Maritime Academy for my college career. Learning how to live and work on a ship are part of the education there. A "cruise" is completed every year in the winter, where you go to sea for two months. I remember being 18, half a world away on my freshman year cruise, and suddenly having a feeling that something was gone. Something had changed in the role my grandfather played in my life, and I didn't know how. After returning home, my father told me his dad had died while I was gone. All I could do was ask when.....it coincided perfectly to the day I had "the feeling" I never felt right for a while after that.

Shortly thereafter, I visited the gravesite, where my grandmother, the most beatiful human being I have ever known, was laid to rest a couple of years before. I saw the tree, with it's branches casting a perfect, protecting shade over their headstone, and thought of how, if he was going to pick the absolute, most perfect spot there to stop and rest awhile, it would be right there, where they were, under that tree. Suddenly, all that was missing was made whole, and things were right again. I stopped there a few weeks ago, with my own two boys. I cannot describe the feeling I felt there. A pride like I've never experienced, or thought I was capable of experiencing.

Man, my advice is to visit as soon as you can. I hope it makes your life more complete, as you search for things untold inside yourself.

-Sean

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Im sure I speak for everyone when I say that the BOARD is here for you should you need us.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man. My grandfather on my moms side died back on feb 28th 2000. Very sad for me. Grandfather on dads side died back in 1998. I feel your pain and it was very tough for me, but I was much younger than you LHSer. I wish you the very best.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss, Matt. I lost a grandmother in October when I was up at school and I kind of understand what you're going thru. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts