DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a SAD day in history for me, last week. I watched my 94 3.3 trep be towed away from my parking lot to the scrap yard :sad: I gave her one final pat on the back bumper and told her good-bye.
She was taken away with a finished tranny, bent tie-rods(inner and outer due to hitting a curb @ 70KMS/h on black ice) and power steering fluid leaking from somewhere.
I put so much money in that car, but most of all, it was my effort!
I really wish I could find a decently priced, lower mileage trep like that again! I would LOVE the 2nd Gen ones though....sweeeet!
anyway...enjoy your treps while you've got them...it's like giving up a best friend you took such good care of for 10yrs.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Yes, it is like parting with an old friend, isn't it! The good news is that 2nd gen 'Treps are plentiful on the used car market thanks to lots of lease and rental cars available at reasonable prices. I'm sure if you shop around long enough you should find a good deal.

A lot of members still hang out even though they don't own 'Treps any more. Once a 'Trep lover, always a 'Trep lover...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Piggyfindude. Ten years in Montreal is not an easy feat.
Some members down south have no idea what life is like for a daily driver up in the north.
Costs for upkeep have not been an Intrepids forte but purchase price have and always will be.
Good luck in your search, they're out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm so sorry!
I know what you mean though..I was given a 99 intrepid without a choice & at first I was leery of it. But i've come 2 realize intrepids really take care of their owners. Last year I was involved in a nasty rear end collision, causing my poor car almost 6k in damages. And the only thing that happened 2 me was a sore neck..this car never let me down, never broke down, never died, never "not started", even in below 30 weather chicago gets here, never had any problems..it's been perfect from day one(my parents originally bought it brand new for themselves) & it's truly been a perfect car 2 own..I would def try 2 get another intrepid, a second gen! You will love it even more than your first gen. I'm sure you can find a great one cheap, there are TONS out on the market..good luck! =)

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
piggyfinndude said:
It was a SAD day in history for me, last week. I watched my 94 3.3 trep be towed away from my parking lot to the scrap yard :sad: I gave her one final pat on the back bumper and told her good-bye.
She was taken away with a finished tranny, bent tie-rods(inner and outer due to hitting a curb @ 70KMS/h on black ice) and power steering fluid leaking from somewhere.
I put so much money in that car, but most of all, it was my effort!
I really wish I could find a decently priced, lower mileage trep like that again! I would LOVE the 2nd Gen ones though....sweeeet!
anyway...enjoy your treps while you've got them...it's like giving up a best friend you took such good care of for 10yrs.
I can understand your loss ... I felt the same way after parting with my '89 LeBaron.
We had been through 135K miles and 11 years together ... :(

But I finally found a cure - after almost three years - 2002 R/T!!!! :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts