DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around at a salvage auction I find this salvage vehicle for sale for $700. Examine the pictures and give me your feedback on it.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,697 Posts
For that cheap, there must be some bad frame damage or something. Thats at least a 2003 Titan, and those are $30K + new. I cant believe an insurance company would total that for the amount of damage seen in the pic and sell it so cheap. I would check into it more deeply, something is fishy.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
are you a mechanic?
cuz it sure as hell is gonna need some work!
plus, its a Nissan Titan, which just mean blegh! to me
I hate the Titan
but, if you have the knowledge and the time and the $ to buy it and fix it up, then i'd say go for it
it doesnt appear to be too badly damaged, although i would check to see if it had frame damage....
EDIT: ok, after scrolling up again i realize: $700?? no way, that at least should say $7000
i agree with 32... somethings fishy

·
Registered
566 Posts
I imagine you could part that out for more than $700 w/o the engine/tranny, much more if those are good. Knowing nothing about the truck, I'd guess the cosmetic work alone would cost you upwards of $600 more of course for engine damage and component, radiator, compressor etc if they are done.

Also you mention its an auction so it starts? at $700? or $7000?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is $700 and I am suspicious about it as well, that's why I wanted some opinions. It may be real or fake, but it is so extremely tempting an offer that I am sin limbo right now (possible frame damage notwithstanding).

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
32Intrepid said:
For that cheap, there must be some bad frame damage or something. Thats at least a 2003 Titan, and those are $30K + new. I cant believe an insurance company would total that for the amount of damage seen in the pic and sell it so cheap. I would check into it more deeply, something is fishy.
do a car fax on it. maybe flood damaged.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i'd buy it no matter whats wrong with it...if its in that condition u can double ur $$ by parting it out if u cant fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts