DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Which one

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XM subscription is up in may... AND my reciever has lost quality over the last 3 years. It sounds ALOT worse than regular radio... i have one of those LARGE old receivers. OK, here are my options...

Switch to sirius and use this AWESOME blue system... it matches my interior PERFECT

OR just replace my current reciever and antenna for the same price.

Either way, its 100$ plus subscription

I currently have the Pioneer P80mp and it has built in XM controls.. but thats not so important in my eyes... I just really dont have any experience with Sirius. anyways, let me know

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have the one you have pictured and I LOVE it. It is so cool to be rockin out to a song and hit rewind before it ends and hear it again or pause it at the drive-thru! The brightness is adjustable, too, and gets really bright like neon in the car if you want. I like Sirius and this receiver is da shiznit...

·
Registered
605 Posts
We've got sirius and we love it..I've got the Ken1 siruis system since my Kenwood head unit is sirius compatable..Wife tells me it was worth the money.. :smile-l:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mrcllusb said:
We've got sirius and we love it..I've got the Ken1 siruis system since my Kenwood head unit is sirius compatable..Wife tells me it was worth the money.. :smile-l:
VOTE!

·
Registered
202 Posts
mnitetrain said:
Look for Pioneer tuner for your head unit might double check with Crutchfield also. Specifically SIR-PNR1
Good luck
Actually the SIR-PNR1 has been discontinued. look for the SIR-PNR2 it's replacement.
And yeah the starmates nice but you will get better sound if you do go with the pioneer add on unit.
It's a trade off: Flexibility vs. Quality.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
**** XM - Howard rules! I have the Sportster Replay with docking bases in the trep, my Jeep, my family room and my office. I also have the boom box the Sportster goes into. I got the $500 lifetime subscription.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
trepsrule said:
i like xm better...to me the channels are better
trepsrule said:
i like xm better...to me the channels are better
I agree. Then again I got it for the baseball channels. ;) I have the Roady 2, it's alright. I want to upgrade so bad. Hopefully soon.
JD: This is up to you bro. It all depends on what you listen to. I will vote. :driving:

·
Registered
750 Posts
SIRIUS SUCKS stick with XM :) i think the main question you should be asking is which service has the options or shows you like better? such as Nascar, baseball, opie and anthony, Dr laura :) LOL. choose substance over style

·
Registered
750 Posts
2001RT said:
**** XM - Howard rules! I have the Sportster Replay with docking bases in the trep, my Jeep, my family room and my office. I also have the boom box the Sportster goes into. I got the $500 lifetime subscription.

that will really suck if they ever go bankrupt though one question WHY? youll have to use what 41 years of service to get your moneys worth?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IntrepidCUB said:
that will really suck if they ever go bankrupt though one question WHY? youll have to have the service for what 41 years to get your money back?
41 years....... last i checked, it was 12.99 a month

·
Registered
347 Posts
Go with XM!!

If you want color match and rewind get the roadyXT, the roady2 has been dropped. I personaly use the SKYFi2. Love it and the I used the "direct adapter" from Delphi so I have no static or fade!! XM MyFi and the new Helix are the way to really go...for now.
Later this summer it sounds like XM will offer voice recognition, MP3 downloadability and navigation!!!
I sell both at our shop and am an authorized dealer, it seems aside from the "Stern " effect the format selection is similar. Actually sometime around 2003 Stern was kickin' it for XM on his radio show, you can hear his ad on xmfan.com

So as I tell most of my customers xm / sirius.... mcdonalds/ burger king....pepsi/coke....it's all about personal choice.
It seems XM has the most available hardware and as far as customer sevice, well...almost 20min. on hold for sirius.
You decide:thumbsup:
btw: 6,653,021 XM customers can't be wrong
April 17, 2006 XM will add 8 more channel giving 170 options!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dude, lol, that color match is NOTHING compared to that sirius unit. IT seriously looks like it has a FULL Underbody kit of neons inside of it... rather than just a LCD screen

1 - 20 of 55 Posts