DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at pads on Tire Rack and they look pretty good (Satisfied Pro Ceramic Pads). I am looking at Ceramic for the least amount of dust. They also work quite well. Anyone treid these?

Also, it looks like Hawk doesn't make a regular front pad?

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Ceramics, if you buy decent ones (I used and recommend the ones from Bendix) will improve stopping power, but they tend to eat away rotors a bit quicker. I've heard a lot of high pitch squeal complaints about Hawk HPS pads.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
The only Satisfied pad I would even try is the GS5 (or 1-4 if they made them for our cars). I wouldn't even try the GS6.

Hawk does make a ceramic pad for your car (p/n HB241Z.710). I don't know too much about that, but Hawk seems to make a good pad.

I would seriously go with the Bendix CT-3 (p/n D591CT). I'm not just saying that because I work with Bendix. The CT-3 pads have good stopping power, low dust, no noise, and are easy on the rotors. The pads have good life also.

As for the Hawk HPS pads, I'm currently using them and for the most part I'm liking them. The HPS are a semi-met pad though. They are dusty, but not too bad. They have very good stopping power. But when they get hot, they do tend to be noisey.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I should have posted this last night, but I was tired.

Advance Auto is your best bet. You can also buy online from them.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=BEN&mfrpartnumber=D591CT

The cheapest place that I've seen is actually at Amazon.com through their partnership with Auto Barn. The picture at Amazon is not the correct picture.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C2PI1M/ref=sr_11_1/104-7151576-3270360?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=15684181

I've seen them on ebay at times also. I did a quick check and didn't see any currently listed (of D591CT).

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Don't buy any brake parts from AutoZone !! All they got is cheap garbage. :brutal_46

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Strongt said:
Don't buy any brake parts from AutoZone !! All they got is cheap garbage. :brutal_46

yeah but if looking for best bang for buck they are the ones, lifetime warranty, even for wearout!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
wb6vpm said:
yeah but if looking for best bang for buck they are the ones, lifetime warranty, even for wearout!
Really !! Try tell that to the idot's that run my store's. They told me sorry only product defect's. So when the 2nd pair didn't last to long. I went to Napa for my brakes.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Strongt said:
Really !! Try tell that to the idot's that run my store's. They told me sorry only product defect's. So when the 2nd pair didn't last to long. I went to Napa for my brakes.

yep, i get mine changed out about every 4-6 months (im really hard on brakes)

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
wb6vpm said:
yep, i get mine changed out about every 4-6 months (im really hard on brakes)
LoL, sound's like how my wife drive's! Well after messing with the guy's here at my Autozone with the brakes, I just gave them the finger and took my money somewhere else. And the Rotors that I got at the same time sucked too, they warped after a few months. So I just sayed screw AutoZone left the Rotors, Brake Pads on the counter for the guy's. :eviltongu

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Warlord187 said:
I should have posted this last night, but I was tired.

Advance Auto is your best bet. You can also buy online from them.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=BEN&mfrpartnumber=D591CT

The cheapest place that I've seen is actually at Amazon.com through their partnership with Auto Barn. The picture at Amazon is not the correct picture.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C2PI1M/ref=sr_11_1/104-7151576-3270360?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=15684181

I've seen them on ebay at times also. I did a quick check and didn't see any currently listed (of D591CT).
Warlord, (the Advanced Auto link)I can't tell but it looks like that is an axle set. But which end of the car? Can you use those for front and rear?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
That part number is for the Front set of Brake Pads.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
95Intrepisize said:
Thanks Strongt, that seems insane for Brake pads. Is there a way of knowing what is on the car now but looking at them?
If you want a premium pad that does what you want, expect to pay a few bucks. If you go the $20 route, don't expect it to do what you want to.

You would have to look at the pads on your car know in order to know what you have on there.

If you are 100% sure you have the OE pads (which is highly unlikely unless you don't use your brakes), than I can look that up for you without needing to remove the pads. Let me know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts