DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i was on my way to work and i saw a green and grey first gen that looked exactly like mine. it didnt have tint, blackouts and it had the ram symbol on the hood, but the thing i absolutely loved on it that i have yet to see on a 1st gen, was raised yellow letter tires. ooooo it looked badass!! does anyone else on here have the yellow letter tires?

the other day i saw a black, base model first gen with 17's and he was eyeing me down the whole time i was around him.

i know its not much since a lot of people on here have them, but ive been seeing a lot of R/T's around too

·
Registered
510 Posts
93greenES said:
yesterday i was on my way to work and i saw a green and grey first gen that looked exactly like mine... does anyone else on here have the yellow letter tires?
There are alot of green first gen Intrepids, mine included. I have seen so many in fact that my theory is that there was a mix up in the paint department at Chrysler.

Also, I remeber reading a thread the other day that one of the members here was going to have to get rid of his tire's soon that had yellow lettering, so I think there is at least one other member that has/had yellow lettered tires.

I saw a second gen yesterday with a mod so that the fogs could be on with only the parking lights on. I think the Trep was purple. I instanly wondered if that was a member on this site.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I can turn my foglights on with only the parking lights on, I don't think it was a mod.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I turn my fogs on with just my parking lights and DRL's on all the time........car looks MEAN like that :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
ITrep, I don't think it was so much a mix up at the Chrysler paint department, as society being what it is, trends exist, and in the mid-90's, everybody was buying dark green cars. Plus, the Intrepid looks great in green (when it's clean, it shows dirt far too easy, which blows).

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Avenger said:
I turn my fogs on with just my parking lights and DRL's on all the time........car looks MEAN like that :D
Caffinated Soap said:
I can turn my foglights on with only the parking lights on, I don't think it was a mod.
well not ALL of us have 2nd gens:rolleyes: . some of us have the nicer looking 1st gens hehehehehe

·
Registered
339 Posts
93greenES said:
first gens are still better!! :D
I used to have a 1st gen.

But the damn engine went south on my. It was a 3.3l and I had a friend who works at the plant where they made those engines and none of the engineers could beleive it went at just over 100k.

Anyhow I did a lot of research and found out that the newer 3.5l had a ton of power and was very reliable so I bought another trep.

I liked my first get but my second gen kicks ass and I love all that power.

BTW: my first gen was green also :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Malcrow said:
I used to have a 1st gen.
i'm sorry to hear you got rid of it

Malcrow said:
none of the engineers could beleive it went at just over 100k.
my 3.3 went out at 139,000

Malcrow said:
BTW: my first gen was green also :biggrin:
thats what i like to hear...then again so is every other 1st gen in the world :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
::knocks on door, peeks in::

Uh, excuse me, but I couldn't help overhearing - Yeah, I have a green first-gen too. :bigsmile:

And, yes, it looks damn good in green. With gunmetal trim and tinting to boot... But I've seen at least two other cars locally that look exactly the same...

Speaking of anonymous Intrepid sightings, I just saw a first-gen ES today with, I think, purple paint with the grey trim and a two-pedestal spoiler. Real sweet, seemed well cared for. If anyone knows who might own such a car in the Oklahoma area, I'd like to give them props.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I see a whole lot of shitty Intrepids around here. different color doors, dents, missing lights... you name it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
There is a person that I see in town with a 2nd Gen with all the nascar logo on it. It has the yellow letter tires on it as well. I never see the owner to ask if he did it, or ordered it like that.

·
Registered
604 Posts
a lady that works at the bank in my store has a green first gen with fogs and a bench seat so it's prolly a 96 +.

most of the first gens around here are driven by older folks and have a lot of dents and scraps. there's a beige second gen with tint owned a spanish guy that works at the walmart nest door. that's ok. and my neightber has a 93 - 95 blue with a 3.5 and tint. i never see him though.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ditto on the old people thing, its the same here. All are dark green, banged up. One even has old fors truck hub caps!:crazy:
Theres a white 1st gen cord, another white 1st gen (es) And I seen one nice marron 1st gen, tint, head light cover, "Intrepid" windshield banner, and a big ram on the back window, but i havent seen it around in a while. Only 2 second gens, not counting my moms, both silver, ones an SE the other an ES.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I never see R/T's I have only seen one. Alot of SE's and base models.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not sure why I haven't mentioned this before but you guys show see the metro-detroit area.

TONS of 1st and 2nd gen treps..... Of course this is the home to the big 3 so you tend to see more of there cars than anything else.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts