DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I wanted to give youa quick report becuase I haven't seen one here yet. I drove through the local Dodge lot and they had a whole line of Silver '02 SE's and a couple of slate SE's. No ES's or R/T's but it was kind of nice, no markings on the sides at all, they moved the SE badge, and the dodge printing to the trunk lid. That's all I could really notice in the dark. That and I know the website has the ability to build them now.
I did notice on the website that they limited the R/T colors to just black, silver, and white, I didn't think it was that way on the previous models? Anyway they looked pretty sharp.

-DEEPRED

----
'99 Inferno Red ES
No Mods.... yet.
Pictures soon.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Check out the 'DODGE' link on the home page or go to www.4adodge.com and click on the 2002 link on the right side. Choose the Intrepid and build one.
Whether it is accurate at this time, I don't know. It appears that the 3.5L is on all the ES models.
Note the alarm, sentry, Auto Temp and Overhead console standard on the RT. I have the 'S' package however it appears that there is only the 'R' this year.
At $29,000+(US) for the RT, how does that compare with 2001? Being from Canada, I cannot determine the difference from last year for the US models The Canadian Chrysler site hasn't posted the 2002 models yet.
Also, the Inferno Red seems to be gone.

Danny
Capitalcity RT
o1 Blk RT

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
yes the 3.5 comes in two power levels the ES gets the low output 234 h.p and the R/T stays the same as last year .You will not find any R/T's at the dealers as we have only built 3-5 of them . Why I dont know . I have seen a 02 inferno red R/T so not sure about the 3 colors.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It would almost appear that this year, 2002, the ES may be the better buy. I do not know the Canadian prices and the price diff between the 2 models but how much significant power performance difference would there be between the ES and RT.
There doesn't seem to be enough of a difference to buy the 300M over RT, therefore, there may not be quite enough difference in the 2 intrepid 3.5L.

I am curious to see how much, CDN $$, the new RT will be with the added features, apparently as standard equipment.
It would be disappointing if the 2002 RT is not much different than the 2001.

Strange how u saw an Inferno Red when the American Dodge site doesn't feature the red. Oh, well.

Still happy with the 01 RT.
I do prefer the painted wheels though. The black is exhausting to clean. Don't need more work.

Danny
Capital City RT
01 Blk RT
And still happy, regardless!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
CapitalCity, you're forgetting that the R/T also comes with much better suspenion, brakes and heavy duty cooling that the ES does not get. I'm sure all that would cost a couple grand more in itself, plus the extra 10 or so horespower. I do wish there was more of a gap in the horsepower between the 2 though, kinda takes a little bit away from the R/T, but not enough to choose an ES over a R/T in my opinion.

·
Registered
558 Posts
BBOUCHER

HD brakes...okay
HD suspension...okay
HD cooling......Check a map out and look for Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Look up...up...waaaaay up!!!
Yea, its been a warm summer...that means a cold, cold winter...HD cooling..probably can do without.

It is really not a wonder why ottowkr has seen only a few 02 RTs. The dealers may figure that the ES with a detuned 3.5 and a couple thou less may entice buyers over the RT.
To tell you the truth, I am unsure whether DC knows what they are doing. Imagine if GM put the 3.8L s/c in the GT or Bonneville SLE?
Even if they produced only 9 less HP.
Well,I'm happy with my 01 RT and will wait for the 04 models when my lease expires. Anxious though to see CDN pricing on the new RT

That's it!!! That's all!!!

Danny
Capitalcity RT
01 ChryslerrrrrrrRT
Needs another wash...3rd one this week. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Well IMOP the R/T is the way to go. With ATC, OTIS, Leather, spoiler,sentry key , chrome rims, they finally got it right. Thinking back that red car was not an R/T . Then yes I have only seen one white and two black R/T's-sorry. I see so many its easy to forget. Dont think the reason we have not built any R/T's is a dealer thing ,I think they have not realesed it for production yet.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm wondering if/when they are going to redo the intrepid tail-lights like they did to the 2001 300m. There's still a couple years till the next gen comes out and I think the tail-lights look too opaque... the ones that are now on the 300m look really clean, and the intrepid deserves that too.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Unless OTTO isn't telling us something ;)

I don't think we are going to see much in the line of any changes to the current Intrepid before the new ones come out in '04. A big gripe of mine (and OTTO's)is that Chrysler seems to think that marketing a vehicle without any running changes is just fine. That isn't true. Styling updates are so important to people that want the "newest" and "freshest" cars.

I just read an article on BON about the demise of the new Camaro. Read this quote:

While many point to a perceived lack of quality as being the main culprit for flagging sales, Chevrolet says its focus groups and customer clinics don't support this theory. GM's consumer feedback points to the larger factor being a lack of styling updates. Focus groups with over 2,000 interviewees of all age and gender groups confirmed the major factors to be:  Lack of styling updates in a market where image is paramount.  The car makes no compromises, meaning that speed and handling are without a doubt the #1 priority. The Camaro refuses to make concessions to ease-of-use at the expense of performance (i.e. easier ingress/egress), and thus is not for every one.
Now, granted the current Camaro has been around alot longer then the current Intrepid...but why should we have to have a car that looks exactly the same for 6 model years? I can gurantee the 2003 Intrepid (last year for the current model) isn't going to selling worth crap. Why? Because it'll look just like the used '98 Intrepid going for $7,000 on the same lot.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Intrepidatious- I couldnt agree with you more. The last year 03 is going to be a bust. These DC guys will have to give the 2003 LH cars away ,cause whos going to buy it when it looks like that 98 !!. Bart , you wont see any thing changed .As we are building 2002 now we have one more model 03 then the big change for 04. So what you see is what you will get for the next two years. HELP!!!This is why our plant has been laid off 8 weeks this year . Thats two freaking months. Hey DC are you guys reading this???? WAKE UP!!!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I went back to see the 02 SE intrepid, and Besides the badges being moved to the rear, and the side "BUMPERS" removed. and the restyled wheel covers. I noticed that the whole door was done in leather, and not in cloth like the seats........ I agree, they need to have more changes with " I guess it's to late to start with the 02 model so with the 03 year model!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I saw on '02 last night too, and all I have to say is the new wheel covers are WAYY too ugly....

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Are the side rubstrips only removed on the SE's or do all the models not have them anymore?

I was actually thinking of removing mine because they have some chips in them from errant doors...but then again, that would've been my door with a chip in it if the strips had not been there! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2002 SE and yes, the side moldings have been removed as well as the "Dodge" name on the doors. The "SE" / "ES" trim has been moved to the trunk lid. The wheel covers look more like alloys, but I would still much prefer ES stock alloys.

Dealer told me the interior colors have changed, as well as the auxiliary power outlet in the console.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
wht2002SE -the door mouldings are not discontinued but are now an option on the SE .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts