DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! As you can tell from my signature I am trying to sell my 2001 Intrepid. I was just contacted by a "potential buyer" who is trying to scam me! I am not sure if I should play along and waste his time for a while or just send him a large picture of my hairy ass! Any ideas?? Below is the email I recieved.

------------------

Thanks for the mail.

I am so glad to read from you and i really appreciate your quick
response, I will like to bring to your notice a quick reminder on the
method of payment and shipping.

Nevertheless, this business requires honesty and transparency hope i
will be able to trust you with my money. However, my freight forwarder
who'll be coming to your location to pick the (2001 Dodge Intrepid SE ) up
,has sent me an email,that they are ready for the pickup anytme.I have
decided to compensate you with $50,for your effort and i want you to also
keep other
buyers away from the item or its will be fine if you can delete the item
from the site and consider it sold to me.

A money order of $10,000 inclusive of the pick up fee will be sent to you
via mail , you're expected to deduct selling price of the ( 2001 Dodge
Intrepid SE ) which is ($5,950) with the compensation of $50 making $6,000
and send the pickup fee to the freight forwarder who'll be coming to your
location to pick it up. If this is OK, get back to me, with details:

1.Name:As it should be written on the check.
2Corrent address: 3.Cell phone Number and Home Phone Number:

So that the payment can be done soon. Your prompt response will be highly
appreciated.

I am a very busy man,i want to buy the Dodge for my father inlaw.This
reputable shippers company will take good care of everything for me.They
will come for the pickup as soon as you have cash the check.After cashing
the money order you will deduct your money for the Dodge and send the rest
funds to the shippers company via western union money transfer or money gram
trasfer that will come for the pickup at your location

Thanks and God bless you,

Regards.....

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
yea send him a pic of your ass,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Absolutely a scam. I had the same thing happen to me. I was selling my old xbox for like $100 and some guy offers me $500 for it, and expected me to return him the rest of the money. My dad told me about this... they send a bad check, so the check never clears because its not good, and you end up paying out of pocket to them. I'm not sure what hes planning with the freight carrier... unless he knows them personally or its not even a real service but some guy with a truck. Either way I would make it a rule to always stay away from a deal where there is more than 1 transaction required. Make sure you pay and they ship or they pay and you ship and no other money transfer is made. Also if anyone asks you to send them money outside of the original transaction itself, they can be reported to ebay. I did this once when a seller demanded I pay an extra shipping fee, AFTER i already payed shipping through his USPS calculator. Also, its usually against the rules to ask someone to cancel an auction for their benefit. Anyways... I'd questions this guys motives. I'd also just drop communication immediately with him and report him to eBay or paypal or whoever you are using.

Josiah

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yeah give him a time and a place to meet you other than your house (preferably in a nearby town with a couple buddies and when he shows up :gun3:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt the guy would even show up. He wants me to snd the money before the shipper even comes.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
streethawk said:
I doubt the guy would even show up. He wants me to snd the money before the shipper even comes.
Damn and the sad part is there are people out there dumb enough to keep him (them) making a living at this.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Total scam. I would at least try to write the english language correctly if I was this guy. This happens quite often on ebay, a brand new user will buy your item and send you an email like this. If you look at his feedback, even though he has none, it will show hes from India or somewhere like that. I had some guy tell me "has girlfriend in united state an she will be glad to get item, when you gladly ship item with money I provide." When I asked him what state, or what his shipping address was, he wouldnt tell me, yet he wanted all my info. :smilie_mu

·
Registered
108 Posts
nice reply

I bet it becomes a joke that gets forwarded to everyone

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i cant see the response.

I would email the guy and tell him the trep has sold for 20k and if he still wants it he can hand deliver ur cash LOL before the new owner arrives.

I found this **** on ebay. Looking for a jet ski, i got the same email (BS about 5000$ for a jet from France, dying father LALA... then i asked how many hrs... got the same email again LOL.

Stop now if u dont want to waste ur time, its just pointless. Enjoy the rt charger.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
linuxglobal said:
i cant see the response.

I would email the guy and tell him the trep has sold for 20k and if he still wants it he can hand deliver ur cash LOL before the new owner arrives.

I found this **** on ebay. Looking for a jet ski, i got the same email (BS about 5000$ for a jet from France, dying father LALA... then i asked how many hrs... got the same email again LOL.

Stop now if u dont want to waste ur time, its just pointless. Enjoy the rt charger.
LOL Cip your parents must have put a parental control lock for pages containig nudity.... :grinyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is a well-known scam. It's been tried countless times on ebay and elsewhere and has succeeded in separating people from their money too often.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good response! I strung a guy along on one of these "deals" for a laptop I was selling. Had him so pissed by the end of the deal he was writing me nasty emails telling me what a "unhonest" (his word) ass I was. Drug it out almost a month and the dipshit sent me 3 checks. I can't believe people still fall for this scam.

·
Registered
753 Posts
contact the police, the same issue happeded to my brother with a spoiler for his BMW, police were over in an hour for the details etc. Of course he had a bank draft in his hand to give over

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Now that's how to deal with scammers!

That is freakin hilarious! I can't beleive you actually sent a pic of your ass! ROTFLMAO!!!

Way to go! If that don't teach the bastard, nothing will.

That R/T looks sweet!

·
Registered
589 Posts
no money orders rasie the price have a friend bid and then tell him to send cash and give him a friends address run with it feed him a ton of bull **** tell him the dmv needs his name and address on the pink before you can ship the car

·
Registered
979 Posts
Give him the FBI's return address and main phone number, and tell him your real name (your non-eBay name) is Fox Moulder.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Guys, you need get a little "global" in ya minds!
This old scam is from Nigeria, they dont give a sh*t bout any local police, FBI or whatnot. I had the same going bout a year ago. Funny part was, the dude mailed me a phony check which was "issued" by my own bank! I called my bank, they get dozens of these every week, many international banks do. They didnt even wanna involve the Police.
BUT, if you really want to have fun with the next MUGU that mail you, try go get some hints on http://www.419eater.com/
IT IS HILARIOUS! (I cried laughing for hours reading some of the stories there)
:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts