DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im confused about something, I will probably sound like a complete moron asking this to all of you, but here goes. I read on an internet site that there are 2 97 dodge intrepids, the base and the ES. This site said that the base had a 3.3L engine and it said the ES had a 3.5L engine. Now im puzzled about this, you see my car is a 97 dodge intrepid 3.5L 24 valve and yet no where on teh car does it say ES!!! .....what kind of car do I have?..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sound like just a standard version with a 3.5L or you could have the "Sport Edition" but it would say it and you'd know. It's been a while since I delt with the first gens (I used to own a 95) but if it was supposed to come standard with a 3.3L the 3.5L could have been an option or something unless someone replaced a 3.3L with a 3.5L. I'm not exactly sure.

Take care,
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Decko,

I too have a 97 with a 3.5 powerplant...We have a base Trep with the engine upgrade. I bought mine as part of a rental car sale program. I have power windows/locks/seat auto tranny but no leather and NOT an ES...

You're not alone! :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have a 3.3L with an ES i dont have leather but i have all options

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I also had a '97, and one thing i noticed, the 97's w/3.5's all had the fogliights too.. base 3.5 or ES.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I've got the same one. Base + 3.5L and fog lamps. I was lucky because the guy I bought it from bought the aluminum wheels and had them installed. The only two things I want from the ES is the traction control and the auto climate control (and maybe the overhead console).

Here's a question, besides being leather wrapped, are there any differences between the ES seats and the base model? Mine have no lateral support. :(

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by Viprman:

Here's a question, besides being leather wrapped, are there any differences between the ES seats and the base model? Mine have no lateral support. :(
Power seat with manual lumbar control.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts