DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend stopped by tonight. I convinced him he needed to go for a ride in my Trep to check out the power difference with the dual exhaust and the 300M PCM. We were at a stop light. After it turned green I stomped it. It spun the tires and took off. As soon as the tires stopped spinning I let off the gas. I was in the far right lane and immediately from the left lane I see flashing lights. I pulled into a parking lot. The cop asked for license and registration. I handed him my license to which he immediately replied "I pulled you over because I heard tires squealing as you left the light but this does not look like the type of car that would be doing that". No really he said that. I said I had just replaced the computer and was just taking my friend for a ride and he let me go with a warning. Just my lucky night???? Or perhaps it is "A Sleeper". Still can't believe he said that.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I did the same kinda thing only the cop asked me why I would wanna do something in such a nice car...

·
Registered
14,934 Posts
That 'Friend' was me...

That 'Friend' was me... Went over his house tonight for the first time, which is 3-4 miles from my house. Real close and have plently of time to hang out.

We went for a ride, rounded the corner on a 8 lane road, get to a stop light (one of the lead cars), light turns green,,, BAHHHMM.. Tires squeel, ALOT,, car takes off nicely,,, then....

We both see Blue lights, I give him the 'OOPS' look and we pull over.

The Police officer approaches, askes for "liceneses and registration". The licenses is handed over and the cop stated 'but this does not look like the type of car that would be doing that'

Looks at his licenses only and lets us go!

We then went to the Express Way and floored it. His car freakin'n MOVES!! without much exhaust noise, VERY quiet.

Tomorrow the extra exhaust pieces will be acquired at the yard by 'ME' and the 'Dual in-Dual out' will be made.

And next weekend, I'll be "The Sleeper, Second Time Around" :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

Late!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Man, I want that set up too... Already working with Steve on this..... We will have to make that the VAIA standard.....

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
nice. I would of told the cop. ''dude you know its a sleeper, where's your's at?'' lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts