DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended an Alfa track day today at Portland International Raceway, which meant passing only on the front and back straights. During the second session, I managed to get behind a Porsche 924 coming out of turn 8 onto the backstretch, and out-dragged him to turn 10.
Now, to give him credit, he did tell me afterwards that he didn't try hard to prevent me from passing, but he did want to follow me but was having some problems with his brake discs warping(!). I ended up 30 seconds ahead of him at the checkered flag. So much for that Porsche! He decided to leave after that session to return to Seattle (2-3 hour drive if you obey the speed limits).
:eek: :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's where we get to take our cars out on a real race track (in this case, Portland International Raceway) and play.
:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, PIR is sometimes called "two straightaways with some twisty bits at each end." In actuality, the front straight doubles as a dragstrip, and the backstraight isn't actually straight, but is a fairly large radius turn and actually isn't straight at all, but is usually the highest speeds are generated on the back straight because it is longer than the front straight.

See Portland Raceway's Website for track information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts