DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I I'm going to get right to the point here:

I was putting a Kenwood Screen Radio in my car today when I heard something pop. It was after I had installed the brain and then tried to put the backseat back onto the mounts. I'm assuming that I pinched the battery wire that I had running from the main battery wire for the head unit to the brain.

Now my lights don't come on unless I turn the ignition switch to the accessory position.

My Keyless Entry doesn't work, nor does the factory alarm arm.

Also, everytime I turn the ignition to the accessory position, my horn chirps!

What in the hell did I do?? HELP!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Check the 30 amp fuse underneath the hood for your stop lamps. If it is blown your brake lights, interior lights, keyless entry system, and radio will not work until it is replaced. Just my $.02 based on previous experience...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the fuse for the interior lights. It blew because I was pulling too many amps, so I just rana wire straight from the battery and fused it. All is well now! Thanks Men!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
what all else do you have installed? that radio should not be pulling too many amps, not at all, unless you have more stuff connected or connected wrong

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ximkolo said:
what all else do you have installed? that radio should not be pulling too many amps, not at all, unless you have more stuff connected or connected wrong
The radio, the brain, and the cd changer all pulled power from that wire, which forced me to give it it's own dedicated supply.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
chamillion said:
The radio, the brain, and the cd changer all pulled power from that wire, which forced me to give it it's own dedicated supply.
Or forced you to read the install directions.

As far as I can remember, NO audio deck has ever told be to take power from other than the existing radio wiring harness. For high-power amps they almost always tell you to pul power straight from the battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Or forced you to read the install directions.

As far as I can remember, NO audio deck has ever told be to take power from other than the existing radio wiring harness. For high-power amps they almost always tell you to pul power straight from the battery.[/QUOTE]It didn't say in the directions that I was to run a seperate wire, I figured this out after I measured the amps that it was pulling vs the rated fuse in the fuse box which was 10amps.
I am not running a high power amp from the radio wire, I know MUCH better than that. Maybe you should read the post completely before you reply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts