DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I come home from college for a weekend to get my car (going to a concert next weekend so I need it) and guess what my mom rode my car up on a curb while parking because of leaves so I guess there's a crack in it. $400 to fix. Haven't seen it yet because I'm scared. Plus I'm a perfectionist so it's going to be awful.

359 for a new andy's bumper...plus shipping
and/or
make a Barto1127 donation fund...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow so i just looked at it...worse than i could imagine. there's a fiberglass splinter through the middle area of the bumper as well as one of the edges of the catfish corners completely cut through.....................................wow.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Damn dude, that sux! My mom won't even ask to drive my car because she's too afraid of what I'll do if anything happens to it. She's paying for it, right?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in college, 3 cars in the family. My brother has a job and needs to drive to it after school so he needs a car and my Dad needs one to drive to the bus stop and my Mom has her van. My Dad's car was in the shop and my Mom drove it to work. It's funny because out of all 3 I trusted her driving it the most. And as of right now she told my brother she's not paying for it. I can't drive around with it like that it's like driving around with an unpainted kit.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
Damn dude, that sux! My mom won't even ask to drive my car because she's too afraid of what I'll do if anything happens to it. She's paying for it, right?
LOL nobody drives my car... sorry to hear about the accident.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Thats why in the winter the cars not going out. The truck can get totaled.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
thats a shame, dont be to hard on her...inless she dosent pay, then get real pissed.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
this is ur mom for god sakes. she kept u in her belly for 9mth with pain and breast fed u. now u have the nerve to aks her to pay for damages to ur car, im sure u done worst when u were a kid...any damage done to my car while my parents are in it...there fault or not, i cant get mad cuz i know ive done worst and my parents were there to back me up.

i hope u guys are all kidding about making ur mom apologiz and or make her pay for it. if u r...HAHA

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
SHAUN said:
this is ur mom for god sakes. she kept u in her belly for 9mth with pain and breast fed u. now u have the nerve to aks her to pay for damages to ur car, im sure u done worst when u were a kid...any damage done to my car while my parents are in it...there fault or not, i cant get mad cuz i know ive done worst and my parents were there to back me up.

i hope u guys are all kidding about making ur mom apologiz and or make her pay for it. if u r...HAHA
That is the most ridiculous logic I have ever heard. Yeah, everybody costs their parents money when they're a kid, but parents make that choice. This is something that he bought with his money, and I don't care if it was his mom, his grandmother, or the pope who damaged his bumper. You damage somebody's property, you pay for it. That's just the way it is. I bet if he had smashed up his mom's car and it was his fault, she wouldn't just pay for it and say it's no big deal.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
That is the most ridiculous logic I have ever heard. Yeah, everybody costs their parents money when they're a kid, but parents make that choice.
i dont know what EXACLY u mean by this...but what i was referring to was when a kid damages or distroys something of their parents like for ex. setting the living room rug on fire....all the kid is gonna say hes sorry and may be disaplined for it. what im saying i dont think his mom diliberatly damaged the car...it was an accident. thats why they call it an accident. if i had a kid and my kid wanted to get me to pay for something that was clearly accidental...id call in every damage my kid and see if they will pay for that.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really don't care what you guys think about my MOM, what I really care about is how I'm going to bandage this bad boy up for the winter season so that I can get it possibly fixed after the winter!

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Try taking it to a body shop and see if it can be fixed insted of replaceing it

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
95trep3.3 said:
Try taking it to a body shop and see if it can be fixed insted of replaceing it
I did, 400 to fix it, compared to an unpainted unshipped new bumper for 359 from andy's.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts