DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i`m looking for those long screws that hold the headlight in place....the dealer that sold parts around my way closed so i dont know where to find them...one on my car is stripped so i gonna have to drill it out,,,

it for 2001 intrepid... let me know if any of you guys have or know where to get them...
i wanna put my black daimonds on !!!

Thank you ....

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Its threaded into plastic so drilling is a last resort. Try using a vice grips to hold whats left of the head. An EZout might work as well

Other possible places are junkyards. Also, check one of the online dealers like moparpartsamerica. They are $3.11 a piece

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Local junk yards are the way to go.. give em a call.. the ones I go to say that they take em off of all the intrepids and keep them inside..people want them often..
I dont personally have any..mine are in good shape still...... you can use vice grips or channel locks if the tops are stripped.. if it's the threads..that's another story..then they need replaced

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$19 ordered today, delivered to the dealer tomorrow. I know its high but here in NY the junk yard ones are either rusted to death or don't exist. Get what you pay for.
i hear ya...thats why i dont like the yards around here,,, over priced for used stuff....

·
Registered
121 Posts
yeah. mine seems to be smash n grab. especially for headlights. I picked up the new bolts from the dealer. Worth the money. Fits a socket perfectly. Hot dipped. Nice looking bolts. Not so cheap looking

·
Registered
466 Posts
Local junk yards are the way to go.. give em a call.. the ones I go to say that they take em off of all the intrepids and keep them inside..people want them often..
I dont personally have any..mine are in good shape still...... you can use vice grips or channel locks if the tops are stripped.. if it's the threads..that's another story..then they need replaced
:hijack: Where on earth did you get those super-sexy headlight covers, and are they so dark that they mitigate any headlight use at night? I've looked and all I can find are the kind that you stick on with adhesive. I have 6000K HIDS . :hijack:

....end hi-jack..

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Did you get your bolts yet man? I have a dude on ebay willing to sell me 2 bolts for $4 shipped

The one has a very slight bend in it.. but nothing a vice cant cure..its not threaded down where bend is.
If you still need em let me know..I'll give em to you for the $4 + whatever it is to ship to you.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Why not just get the bolts from the dealer? Really, for less than 10$ you can get two of them that are brand new. And of course, use some anti-seize on the threads to prevent it from happening again.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why not just get the bolts from the dealer? Really, for less than 10$ you can get two of them that are brand new. And of course, use some anti-seize on the threads to prevent it from happening again.
the dealer by me closed so the only way to get em is online...they want 10 bucks to ship 2 screws...thats crazy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.